IT Manager I
IT Manager I
IT Manager I
Administrative IT Services - 150100
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Some weekends and evenings
Administrative Information Technology Services' unique role in accomplishing the University's mission is to provide the primary university-wide, shared resources of computing hardware, software, data and voice communications, and professional personnel on campus.
The Administrative Information Technology Services department is called upon to provide computing and electronic communications resources when it can do so more effectively or more efficiently than separate units.
The Administrative IT Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an IT Manager I to join our team.
The IT Manager I will work as a member of the Administrative Information Technology Services (AITS) Management Team providing 2nd level services for a sub-group of AITS which supports multiple administrative departments, buildings and VP areas.
* Manages, plans and assists with upgrades, installations, and maintenance of servers, desktops and software deployments.
* Implements and manages complete resource/server systems for divisions and/or departments.
* Utilizes the ITSM tracking system for all work documentation.
* Supervises activities of full time staff and student workers.
* Supports departments with Mac and other non-Windows workstations.
* Serves as a backup to the Tier-2 Services Manager for Administrative Support.
* Will work towards integration and automation of team processes using all resources available.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Considerable knowledge of principles of computing and/or communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environments.
* Ability to supervise and train subordinates.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain, and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience managing application and OS deployment using SCCM.
* Experience managing application and OS deployment using JAMF.
* Experience with Powershell.
* Experience with Dell Client Command Suite.
* Experience with MSSQL Server, queries, and db management.
* Experience with Zabbix configuration and maintenance.
* Experience with Git VCS.
* Experience with Jenkins automation server.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting