MTA Contract Specialist
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Regulatory Compliance
Job Title - MTA Contract Specialist
Position #704331 - Requisition #10835
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Regulatory Compliance has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) MTA Contract Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The Clinical Research Contracts Specialist position will be assigned to review and negotiate Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements (CDAs) and Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) as well as amendments and subcontracts related to clinical trials. The Specialist will contribute to development and implementation of procedures and processes related to these agreements. Additionally, this position will contribute to quality assurance and improvement activities, as requested by the Senior Clinical Trial Agreements Manager, to ensure procedures and processes are accurately being followed and improved. The individual will also provide general assistance in other areas as required and will be assigned to various office tasks as work volume requires. The individual will report to the Senior Clinical Trial Agreements Manager and will be assigned to assist that position and other professionals in the office.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $41,374 to $50,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in public health, public administration, healthcare, business administration, business, contact management, communication or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- 1 year experience editing and writing in a professional environment, with an emphasis on clinical trials and/or contracts or other relevant experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience in higher education grants and contracts administration with a focus on industry-sponsored clinical research.
- Experience with Material Transfer Agreements (MTA's).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of contract expertise in formation, negotiation, administration and/or management
- Knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200, 2 CFR 220, 2 CFR 215), OMB A-133, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and other applicable Federal and State laws
- Knowledge of regulations relating to research administration at an educational institution.
- Strong communication skills - written and oral
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to apply basic math skills
- Exceptional customer service skills; team-oriented
- Organizational and time management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a high volume office with deadlines.
- Ability to understand and interpret applicable laws, policies, regulations, rules, guidelines, etc.
- Ability to prepare and present analysis of issues.
- Ability to translate complex information into easily comprehensible terms.
- Ability to Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with internal and external partners.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Ethics and Integrity
- Relationship Building
Special Instructions to Applicants:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60065 - ADM-VCR-Reg/Compliance Office
Posting Date: Aug 24, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Amanda Peng
Posting Contact Email: Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00704331