Facilities Technician II - Plumber
Facilities Technician II - Plumber
Facilities Technician II
Facilities-Gen - 152000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week
The Utilities group within the Facilities Maintenance Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Facilities Plumber II.
The division consists of seven Departments: Custodial Services, Grounds Department, Zone Maintenance, Utilities Maintenance, Structural Maintenance, Construction Services, and Auxiliary Services. For additional information on the Facilities Maintenance department you may visit our website at: http://facilities.unt.edu/depts/maintenance.
The Facilities Maintenance Department supports the academic, research, housing, and dining facility needs for the University of North Texas while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the University's physical assets. The Facilities Maintenance team performs routine and preventative maintenance and repairs of the campus buildings and utility infrastructure. Grounds services provides an aesthetically pleasing environment for University faculty, staff, students, and visitors by maintaining all campus turf, landscapes, irrigation system, litter control, solid waste management and recycling. Facilities Maintenance maintains, repairs, constructs, and renovates University facilities and installed systems in accordance with applicable codes and regulations, and in conformance with University policies and standards.
As one of the nation's largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to a diverse student body of over 36,000 students. UNT is a student-focused public research university with 12 colleges and schools offering 97 bachelors, 81 masters, and 35 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. With more than 400 student organizations, NCAA Division I athletics and an array of concerts presented by our world-renowned College of Music, there's something for everyone at UNT. UNT has been named by Forbes as one of America's 100 Best College Buys® for 17 consecutive years, the state's most affordable research university, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and The Princeton Review named us a "Best in the West" university.
The Facilities organization at UNT is a service provider comprised of the following divisions: Facilities Planning, Design & Construction (FPDC); Facilities Maintenance (FM) and Facilities Support & Services (FSS). We are responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance and repair of university buildings and facilities, as well as other services playing an essential role to the mission of the University of North Texas. Facilities has over 325 employees who lead the way in caring for and operating over 170 facilities and 904 acres of landscape. Our goal is to provide world class support for the University by ensuring safe, reliable, efficient facility and utility services delivered with outstanding customer services and effective stewardship of resources and the environment. For additional information on Facilities you may visit our website at: www.facilities.unt.edu. University of North Texas Career Bands are located on the Human Resources website at: www.hr.unt.edu under the subtitle of Pay Plan.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Facilities Technician II - Plumber to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assigned to the plumbing shop, this position is responsible for the maintenance, repair and upgrade of campus boilers, heating water systems, sanitary and storm sewer infrastructure, domestic water systems.
* This position reports to the Plumbing Shop Supervisor. Daily work orders are issued and instruction given.
* Service, repair and maintain plumbing systems including but is not limited to toilets, urinals, and sinks.
* Installation of water lines, safety showers, and emergency eye wash stations.
* Maintenance and repair of outdoor underground water, sanitary, and storm infrastructure.
* Cleaning of sanitary and storm sewer drains as well as grease traps.
* Assist with service, repair and maintenance of the University's HVAC plumbing as needed.
* This position works independently.
* Additional duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years experience in related maintenance/repair field. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge of and skill in use of standard tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of general maintenance task.
* Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of general maintenance.
* Knowledge of blueprints, schematics, and working drawings.
* Ability to use basic shop math applications.
* Ability to locate and identify problems in appropriate building system or equipment and to plan and execute necessary repairs.
* Physical ability to perform moderately heavy physical work which includes lifting and crawling, and to remain outdoors in inclement weather.
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
* Valid driver's license and ability to drive a vehicle, and maintain coverage under University auto insurance policy, if required to drive University vehicles.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Texas State Plumbing License.
* Four years' experience as an Plumbing Technician.
* Background in troubleshooting Plumbing Systems.
* Knowledge of specialized plumbing tools.
* Previous experience with boilers and building heating systems.
* Working knowledge of computers including but not limited to Microsoft Office software.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, & references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting