PRECOLLEGE COUNCIL COORDINATOR
JOB NO.: 91506-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: EDUCATIONAL INNOVATION
Categories: Event Planning, Program Coordination, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 91506-AS
Working Title: Precollege Council Coordinator
Official Title: ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A939000-DIVN OF CONTINUING STUDIES/EDUCATIONAL INNOVATION
Anticipated Begin Date: OCTOBER 16, 2017
Term: This position will end on OCTOBER 15, 2019.
Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Coursework or experience in project management and/or youth programming a plus.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum two years' project management experience, demonstrating a commitment to process and quality improvement, preferably within higher education (basic project management concepts such as gathering, validating and documenting requirements, project charters, timelines, communication plans, project requirements, and status reporting)
- Experience with engaging multiple stakeholders to work towards the achievement of a common goal
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders, strong interpersonal and teamwork communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working in collaboration with diverse ethnicities, cultures, social and economic
- Experience with strategic planning preferred (developing and/or implementing)
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Experience with grant writing and/or managing budgets preferred
This position is part of the Summer Term team within the Division of Continuing Studies. The position will provide coordination and management of the UW-Madison Precollege Council that serves campus precollege programs. The primary role for the project manager will be to work with the appropriate stakeholders to develop and carry out a campus wide strategic plan for precollege on the UW-Madison campus.
The Division of Continuing Studies is committed to building a diverse workforce. Members of underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a fixed-term terminal 2 year position, with the possibility of converting to a renewable position depending on funding and need.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to be considered please apply online and provide a resume and cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the relevant work experience requirements. Please also provide online the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 24 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 17 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time