Systems Engineer / Level 1
We are seeking a Level 1 Systems Engineer to serve as a direct point of contact for client and service provider interactions. This will generally include receiving and resolving Tier 1 client requests via phone, e-mail and our internal ticketing system.
1. Key contributor in managing client's networks
2. Perform Site Surveys
3. Ability to troubleshoot service tickets
4. Escalate client issues to appropriate personnel
5. Interact with network suppliers, vendors and clients on a daily basis
1. Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
2. Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
3. Strong client relationship skills.
4. Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
5. Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each job.
6. Ability to remain in contact with the client thru the completion of the incident.
7. Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
8. Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
9. Willingness to develop professionally.
10. Ability to work with little supervision
11. Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail.
12. Driver's license/ Access to an automobile daily
Technical Skills or Knowledge Required
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in MS Server
• Knowledge in basic networking configurations
• Experience in Windows XP Operating System to current
• Experience with Structured cabling and network wiring
• Working knowledge of network and server equipment
o Cisco, SonicWall, HP, etc.
• Understanding of DNS
• Knowledge of Linux Operating System, Asterisk Telephony Platform
• Undestanding of PBX concepts, SIP Protocol, SIP Phones, Softphone applications & Network Equipment
• Ability to follow Client support procedures
• Debugging capabilities
Success in the Systems Engineer Level 1 position will be based on your ability to meet or exceed our client's expectations and by exceeding the SLA (Service Level Agreements) put in place for the various agreements.
All members of the Support Team will be graded on the profitability of the client agreements and on the amount of incidents that are able to be resolved before affecting the clients.
Preferred Education & Experience
• IT & Telephony Support experience is required
• 1+ years' experience in computer network management is required
• HelpDesk experience is preferred
• Experience with ConnectWise is preferred
• A+ Certification, NET+ certification, Microsoft Certified Professional preferred
• Experience in managing end client networks is preferred
Brash Concepts delivers cutting edge IT consulting and networking solutions for its clients. We pride ourselves in outstanding customer service and a knowledgeable staff of experienced engineers. Currently, we are in a major growth period and are looking for a Sales Executive who is self motivated and driven to share our technology solutions with businesses all over Long Island and New York City.
New York, NY
Thu, 24 Aug 2017 11:28:50 PDT