Client Engagement Specialist
Salary: $44,200 - $76,500
Title: Client Engagement Specialist
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Housing Srvcs. Admin.
Date Posted: 08/24/2017
Position Information: Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Budget & Finance, the Client Engagement Specialist manages the client engagement program for Auxiliary Services' Budget & Finance department. Oversees daily and long-term support services provided to various departments related to budget, finance, procurement, billing, and other financial activities. Manages and monitors the service request system to drive excellent customer service and steer team workflow. Responsible for documenting and disseminating departmental, campus and UC policies and guidelines to foster and sustain appropriate financial processing and customer relations. Directly supervises student staff and front desk operations. Assists with financial processing functions and provides other administrative, customer and operational support as needed.
Minimum Requirements: Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to compose, proofread, edit and/or approve grammatically correct and accurate correspondence, summaries, notifications, etc. Ability to utilize spreadsheet and database software to generate reports on a frequent basis, or ad hoc as needed. Ability to use query systems and tools to gather data and information to generate meaningful reports, analyses, and metrics.
Solid analytical, active listening, critical thinking and service orientation skills.
Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities. Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines with frequent interruptions.
Ability to function as a resource on issues such as researching financial discrepancies, and resolving escalated customer service problems and vendor concerns.
Preferred Qualifications: Working knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Knowledge of financial processes, policies and procedures.
Knowledge of financial data management and reporting systems.
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Skills to provide coaching and mentoring to support staff and student staff.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview