Digital Content Manager
8AM - 5PM
$75,400 - $111,900
UC Riverside is seeking an experienced digital content manager to grow and strengthen its integrated web presence and social media program. Reporting to the executive director of marketing and creative services, the digital content manager will support UC Riverside's office of University Communications in University Advancement. University Communications is responsible for managing and stewarding UC Riverside's institutional brand and national reputation. The department produces award-winning multimedia content, publications, videos, and social content. It provides a wide range of consulting, writing/editing, video production, and graphic design services for colleges, centers, departments, and other campus partners. As a member of the University Communications multimedia team the digital content manager will work closely with a team of graphic designers, videographers, and writers to assess and enhance UC Riverside's digital web strategy and social media communications program. They will supervise and work with a full-time digital content strategist to manage UC Riverside's transition to a responsive web environment, and to implement a robust social media strategy. This position will be expected to assess goals, track analytics, relay industry best practices, produce and manage quality content, provide web content support for outside clients, support emergency/crisis communications, and actively collaborate with campus marketing colleagues. Cover Letter required.
Advanced skill in creating effective web sites.
Advanced knowledge of the fundamentals of design and implementation.
Advanced knowledge of the organization, including its achievements, goals, objectives, vision and mission and how digital communication can effectively convey and advance the message to various audiences.
Advanced skill to monitor and assess processes or services and make necessary improvements.
Advanced interpersonal communication skills, including political acumen and skill in trouble-shooting and applying proactive and positive solutions.
Advanced understanding of organization's processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web communication.
Advanced project management skills to complete projects within budget and time constraints.
Advanced understanding of technical language and requirements of the assigned work.
Advanced knowledge of digital communication media, including content management systems and/or relevant web applications used for web site production, and organization-specific computer application programs.
Advanced technical skills in computer applications for web production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration, presentation preparation, animation, web interaction, and/or other state-of-the-art web communication capabilities.
Previous professional experience managing social media content creation for a large, highly visible organization.
Experience in web architecture, content strategy, writing, user testing, SEO, and analytics.
Experience translating technical research into accessible content for media and general public consumption.
Experience working in the higher education environment.
Hands-on experience with photography and videography.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview