Hazardous Materials and Fire Coordinator (Part-Time)
Employment Classification: Management Non-Exempt ~ Range starts at $24.21 per hour
Reports To: Dean of Public Safety
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland, WI
Employment and Work Schedule:
12 hours per week (624 Annual Hours)
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Responsible for the coordination, public relations, initiating and implementing courses, workshops planned and provided for Lakeshore Technical College's Fire Protection and Hazardous Materials areas. Serve as a conduit for promoting LTC offerings in the community. Support the NIEHS/ Midwest Consortium of Hazardous Waste Workers grant activities. Provide supervision to adjunct faculty (hiring, evaluation, coaching, certification, and training).
- Review course evaluations and provide feedback to the Midwest Consortium.
- Align LTC course requests with NIEHS course offerings.
- Schedule courses to meet district customer needs.
- Provide appropriate class materials and equipment.
- Review and develop curriculum to support fire service programming.
- Represent Lakeshore Technical College Fire Protection at legislative, state‑called meetings, and local county association meetings.
- Represent Lakeshore Technical College on behalf of the Midwest Consortium of Hazardous Waste Workers.
- Provide 5 Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Performance review; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include; develop plan(s) and budget for department, address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner, be an active advocate for LTC in the community, and be active in the college by serving on committees.
- Associate's degree in a Public Safety field or equivalent with two to four years’ recent related occupational experience.
- WTCS Emergency Services Instructor I required at time of hire. Candidate will be required to obtain Instructor II if not already certified.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications required.
- Other qualifications include: strong and effective leadership in an educational setting, proven, effective use of decision-making and problem-solving skills, and active performance as a member of an effective work team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts in a sensitive manner.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
** Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Thursday, April 6, 2017
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, marital status, or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The College attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & Section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the Chief Human Resources Officer/Affirmative Action Officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1163 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1163.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the College’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.8213, 888.GO TO LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.