Dental Assisting Lab Specialist (Part-Time)
Salary: Support Staff - $18.34 per hour
Reports To: Dean of Health and Human Services
Location: LTC Cleveland Campus
Employment & Work Schedule:
5 - 8 hours per week (220 Annual Hours)
- Promote a learning atmosphere in the dental lab, which encourages effective work habits and provides a safe, clean, and orderly physical environment.
- Maximize the operation of the dental lab and validate the performance of students’ dental skills.
- Serve as a resource person for Dental Assistant students.
- Maintain the dental lab at the level of stated educational specifications. Maintain/repair lab equipment.
- Provide the Dental Assistant Instructor with informational feedback regarding study guides and simulated activities.
- Maintain records of students' performance and provide feedback to students and the instructor about problems/progress.
- Cooperate with other activities scheduled in the dental lab. Implement policies of the dental lab.
- Suggest materials and equipment for requisition.
- One year related technical diploma and a minimum of two years recent related experience required.
- Certified Dental Assistant is preferred.
- Working knowledge of a variety of special simulated modern dental equipment, manipulation of a dental chair, dental units, autoclave, audiovisual equipment, and computer.
- Written and oral communications, positive customer service and human relations; self-initiating and assertive; ability to multi-task; organization, prioritization, follow through, and problem solving skills are essential.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
** Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Beginning: Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, marital status, or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The College attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & Section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the Chief Human Resources Officer/Affirmative Action Officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1163 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1163.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the College’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888.GO TO LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.