Dean of Health and Human Services
Employment Classification: Management Group (Exempt Position)
(Note: Salary will commensurate based on education and occupational experience.
Reports To: Vice President of Instruction
Location: Lakeshore Technical College - Cleveland Campus
Employment and Work Schedule: Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Purpose: Provide overall management of academic programming in the Health and Human Services division. Advocate for quality instruction and inspire a student-first, student success culture. Establish an environment in which integrity and ethics are the norm. Ensure that faculty and staff have the resources, information, autonomy, and support needed to achieve results. Advance the image of the division and programs inside and outside of the College. Support and champion college policies and procedures. Support and assist specific program accreditation within the Health and Human Services division. Support the Lakeshore Community Dental Clinic initiatives, monitor services, budget, purchases, staffing, quality and risk.
People Leadership: Assemble, manage and coach a diverse faculty/staff talent pool capable of achieving results.
Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication fostering open and respectful interaction. Motivate faculty to incorporate contemporary adult learning theory into practice. Guide Advisory Committee structure and foster engagement.
Resource Leadership: Maintain state of the industry labs and classrooms. Analyze reports to effectively manage staffing and budgets. Seek resources from internal and external resources (e.g. Grants, donations) to meet division needs.
Strategic Division Leadership: Engage faculty, staff and stakeholders to create strategic division plans that align to the Academic Master, College Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan. Measure division performance using quality and key performance indicators, monitors and reports. Ensure that student learning is assessed and improved through continuous improvement processes. Design student-centric schedules. Ensure program compliance with the Wisconsin Technical College System Board’s and program accreditation standards.
Personal Leadership: Convey credibility through academic and leadership expertise. Cultivate an active network of relationships inside and outside functional area; foster teamwork by being inclusive, supportive and collaborative.
Participate in local and state activities appropriate to the position.
Supervision is provided to the Health and Human Services division. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Performance review; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include:
- Develop plan(s) and budget for department.
- Address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Be an active advocate for LTC in the community.
- Be active in the college by serving on committees.
Education, Training and Experience*
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college/university in a related discipline.
- A minimum of two years’ teaching experience in a technical or community college.
- A minimum of two years of related health occupational experience.
- Two years of demonstrated successful leadership preferably in career, technical and adult education.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to champion the value of technical colleges as centers of educational opportunity, and the engine for local economic growth.
- Demonstrated skill in developing and evaluating academic programs and assessing student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrate student-centered philosophy.
- Manage with effective human relations, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Exhibit excellent organizational skills in planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Display effective written and oral communication skills with diverse groups.
- Ability to build consensus, to bring about constructive change using participatory processes.
- Demonstration of effective performance as a member of a work team.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, faculty, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
- Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements during the first three years of employment.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Program
On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, August 18, 2017
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, marital status, or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The College attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & Section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the Chief Human Resources Officer/Affirmative Action Officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1163 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1163.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the College’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888.GO TO LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.