Academic Advisor - Bellevue
Working Title Academic Advisor - Bellevue
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position:
The Academic Advisor - Bellevue reports to the Site Manager at Eastern's operations at Bellevue College and assists students with developing academic plans that are consistent with their life, career, and educational goals. This holistic approach to student development requires the advisor to build and sustain ongoing educational relations with the students that promote persistence, encourage resiliency and improve academic achievement.
The advisor will be responsible for student advising, recruiting, and coordinating specific outreach efforts of the EWU at Bellevue programs within the Extended Campus, as well as assisting with the recruitment for other Westside programs. Collaborate with Off Campus team to develop and implement best practices to assist students during their undergraduate experience. Providing support, mentoring and resources to students off campus to help them achieve their educational degree. Promote student success and student transformation.
The advisor will consult regularly with university faculty, staff, and administration to maintain up-to-date awareness of university programs, information, technologies, and procedures; conduct group presentations/classes; and assist in planning and maintaining overall advising for Off Campus programs.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check.
This position is part of the PSE bargaining unit.
Position works in EWU offices located in Bellevue, WA.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.Required Qualifications:
- Master's degree (any field)
- Experience in academic advising, advising/recruiting students, student services or administrative experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience using computer technologies such as databases, internet, spreadsheets, tracking systems, and Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures and use of office equipment.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Master's degree in related fields such as adult education, academic advising, or counseling.
- Professional advising experience of students in a college or university setting which includes a focus on advising, persistence, retention, or student success programs.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple activities.
- Ability to be trained in the policies and procedures involved in the recruiting, advising and registration of students at an institution of higher education.
- Ability to be trained to become proficient in providing student disabilities support and obtaining knowledge of policies, procedures, and law.
- Extensive knowledge of English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Must offer superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with EWU University colleagues, Bellevue College staff and the external community.
- Ability to become proficient in use of campus student information system.
- Ability to speak effectively in public and to serve as an ambassador for the University.
- Ability to develop and disseminate information about EWU at Bellevue programs using various forms of media.