Part-Time Technician, Student Lounge
The Student Life department is the center for student interaction and engagement on campus. As such, the Student Lounge Technician will implement services and programming to promote a strong student-centered culture within the Student Life department and college-wide. A core responsibility will be the oversight of the Student Lounge and club meeting spaces. This is a 9-month, 25 hour/week position.
Examples of Duties:
- Demonstrates professionalism and excellent customer service to a diverse student population.
- Provide reception in the Student Lounge to foster an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Open and close the Student Lounge as per schedule.
- Greet students and check student IDs for all users of the Student Lounge and club spaces.
- Serve as an on-site event assistant to clubs and organizations utilizing College Center meeting spaces.
- Responsible for enforcing College and facility policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Student Lounge area.
- Issue and track use of equipment, games, and supplies.
- Maintain a safe and organized environment for student relaxation and recreation.
- Responsible for maintaining and issuing keys for student spaces and student club offices.
- Collaborate with campus departments on college-wide initiatives, events, and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to lift 5-25 pounds and to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills utilizing independent judgment and discretion in all interactions with students and staff.
- Strong customer service skills and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate to a diverse college community with sensitivity and understanding of people from all economic, educational and ethnic backgrounds.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with varied hours.
- A strong commitment to a comprehensive community college philosophy and a student-centered learning environment
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies