Vice President for EEO, AA, and Compliance
The New School is seeking a dynamic and collaborative leader to serve in a key role overseeing the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. This is a highly visible position, reporting directly to the Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer. It is an exciting opportunity for an individual to provide leadership in identifying and implementing best practices, developing training programs, and ensuring that recruitment and selection processes advance the University’s commitment to EEO, AA and Diversity.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Vice President serves as the University’s Title IX Coordinator, prepares and updates the University’s Affirmative Action Plan, ensures compliance with federal and state employment laws and reporting requirements, and oversees the recruitment and talent acquisition processes to advance University’s EEO, AA, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. The Vice President also:
- Conducts internal investigations, prepares recommendations and reports, and monitors federal and state judicial, legislative, and regulatory developments impacting the University’s EEO and affirmative action efforts
- Supervises Talent Acquisition, Recruitment, and related positions
- Oversees the collection and analysis of data, cases and practices to identify current challenges, while developing guidelines to advance University’s commitment to EEO and affirmative action
- Develops training programs, best practice toolkits, and outreach strategies to support EEO and affirmative action compliance
- Provides guidance to senior leadership on EEO, affirmative action and related matters
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school; Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in a higher education setting directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, and executive orders pertaining to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity (ex. Title IX, Title VII, EO 11246, ADA, ADEA, EPA, FMLA, FLSA, USERRA)
- Experience conducting internal investigations, preparing and implementing affirmative action plans and EEO policies, and overseeing recruitment processes to ensure advancement of EEO/AA initiatives
- Excellent writing ability, and communications and interpersonal skills
For more information about this exciting opportunity and to apply, please see here.
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.