ADJUNCT FACULTY, CIS Introduction to Gaming Industry - Fall 2017
College of DuPage seeks adjunct faculty members to teach courses.
Opportunities may exist to teach a flexible schedule that may include teaching assignments during days, evenings and weekends.
Position Title: ADJUNCT FACULTY, CIS Introduction to Gaming Industry - Fall 2017
Duties of Position:
Adjunct Faculty instructors at College of DuPage are responsible for course planning and instruction in classroom, lab, or clinical settings, courses may be conducted in various delivery modes, such as, face-to-face, on-line, hybrid and/or blended formats. In addition, adjunct faculty are responsible for student evaluation, and timely and accurate submission of required paperwork related to instruction.
Experience and Education:
Minimum degree requirement is BS in Computer Science (must be in computer science or field related degree). Must have knowledge of:
- History of video games and the video game industry from the late 1950s through present day.
- All different careers in the industry, and understand difference between roles and game development in Indie versus AAA.
- Pre-production, production, and post-production phases of game development.
- Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Marketing strategies and economics in the video game industry, as well as the social impact of video games on society.
- Teaching experience.
An ideal candidate would have some experience working in the video game industry.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply please submit your electronic application, unofficial transcripts, a cover letter including a list of three references, a statement of teaching philosophy, and current curriculum vita.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the College.