Administrative Assistant IV (F/T - Bilingual English/Spanish), CFRN40745STUAF
Perform administrative assistance in support of the Manager, Student Diversity and Inclusion and Manager, Latino Outreach Center. Act as a liaison with division administration and all units within the Student Affairs Division and Academic Affairs. Support the manager in the handling of confidential personnel matters and student concerns. Requires confidentiality and the ability to work with certain degree autonomy.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant IV (F/T - Bilingual English/Spanish), CFRN40745STUAF
Duties of Position:
- Assist the managers by ensuring all processes for contractual obligations, documents and meeting materials are prepared in advance to ensure deadlines are met by the Student Affairs unit and other administrative and organizational duties.
- Maintain the manager's calendar and schedule appointment; set-up conferences and meetings; make arrangements for all off-campus travel.
- Assist the managers in the development of various communications for Center for Diversity and Inclusion and Latino Outreach Center through collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Creative Services. Process all correspondence and directives; compose draft agendas and take minutes.
- Assist with budget input by working with the Assistant to the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Assist the Manager in developing the Center for Diversity & Inclusion's Annual Plan and monitor progress to prepare quarterly reports for submission to the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Support the development and maintenance of working relationships with key community organizations for African American and Latino populations.
- Process all required paperwork for purchases, dining services, travel expenses, etc. in accordance with the College financial guidelines and directives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: One to two year's supporting management level personnel office experience. Bilingual English/Spanish.
EDUCATION: High School graduate plus two year's college classes, or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two to three year's supporting management level personnel with experience in project, event and office management.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree
Equipment & Working Conditions:
General office environment. Ability to work in an open environment with high level of visibility. 40 hours per week with occasional overtime required. Ability to interact well with senior management, faculty, students and community members.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Student Affairs - STUAF
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt