Student Success Systems Analyst
Job Title: Student Success Systems Analyst
Job ID: 24214
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 0420, Range 2
Department: Institutional Effectiveness & Analytics
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and analytics, the Student Success Systems Analyst supports a wide number of data and technical project needs of SJSU Academic Affairs and will serve as a primary customer point of contact for all functional users of student success data and system tools. The position serves as a bridge between system end users (customers) and technical developers/consultants to ensure successful communication and translation of needs and priorities. Specific duties include but are not limited to defining data requirements in collaboration with end users, investigating data sources and system functions to meet user needs, and providing end user training and support on system features and functionality. The position may engage directly in technical development as well as coordinate the efforts of other developers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct structured requirement gathering techniques with academic data users
- Translate end user data needs into detailed technical requirements and related documents
- Identify data sources and correct data definitions to be used for reports and data applications
- Propose candidate data structures to meet user needs
- Communicate needs to development staff and/or consultants
- Collaborate across functional areas throughout SJSU to support data needs
- Anticipate user needs and benefits and propose solutions based on them
- Help set and communicate priorities for development
- Develop technical training presentations, exercises, and related materials for users of all levels
- Produce documentation on data definitions and system functions
- Maintain documentation as system updates are made
- Assist data system users who make support requests
- Perform data and report validation and investigate the causes of data discrepancies
- Verify issues found by end users, tracking errors and outstanding requests and forwarding to appropriate developers
- Develop test plans and test cases to establish correct application behavior
- Ensure the overall quality and usefulness of new technical development
- Help coordinate the end user testing and acceptance process (UAT)
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24214.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.