Instructional Technology Librarian
Midway University invites applications for the position of Instructional Technology Librarian. Reporting to the Director of Instructional Technology, and working closely with faculty and staff from all areas of the University, this position will have a significant impact on how we support faculty and students in the development and/or improvement of technology skills University wide.
This position will:
- Evaluate user needs, library usage and changes in the academic library field to develop and improve library services.
- Provide general and specialized library instruction.
- Serve as library liaison to academic programs.
- Assess the library collection for development and purchases (collection development)
- Catalog library materials.
- Serve as library systems administrator.
- Manage work study students
- Consult with, advise and assist faculty and students in the use of instructional technology.
- Conduct workshops on the use of new technologies.
- Administer the university learning management system.
- ALA-accredited MLIS; Degree/Certificate or coursework in instructional design
- Experience in learning management system
- Demonstrated ability to use technology effectively to enhance information literacy instruction
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in instructional pedagogy, instructional design, and instructional literacies.
- Knowledge of library functions and cataloging
- Experience in developing online videos, tutorials, and other web-based learning objects
- Evidence of successful project management skills
- Ability to manage University-related social media accounts following best practices.
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional customer service and communication skills, including presentation skills and written communication skills, as well as superior collaboration skills are required.
For more information or to apply please visit:
Midway University is an Equal Opportunity Employer