Director for Continuing and Professional Education
Reporting to the Assistant Provost for Graduate Studies, the Director for Continuing & Professional Education will manage online and continuing education efforts at Stevens, specifically in the growth and development of the newly launched StevensOnline. The Director will manage the Student Support Center that serves as a single point of contact for continuing, professional, and online applicants and enrolled students providing timely and effective student care, maintaining a close relationship with them from acceptance through graduation. The Director is also responsible for the promotion, support and execution of the University's off-campus non-traditional and traditional format educational programs (including online). Provide day-to-day oversight and leadership of direct-report employees who are responsible for providing turnkey support to our off-campus and online professional education students and to the faculty members engaged in the teaching of off-campus programs and events.
With the Assistant Provost for Graduate Studies, execute a strategic plan for continuing and professional student growth and enrollment management, which ensures the following:
- Ombudsmen service for continuing and professional students; ensuring response to students within 24-48 hours.
- Monitoring of enrollments for continuing and professional students to ensure prompt enrollment in courses and progress towards degree completion.
- Working with the Office of Graduate Academics to ensure all admitted students have met any conditions to continue into their subsequent semesters.
- Coordination with program directors in the department/schools to ensure continuing and professional students are engaged in their programs, manage course schedules for online and off-site programs, logistics of instruction and course materials are maintained.
- Utilizing the CRM, consistent follow-up with this population of students tracking enrollments.
- Collaborate with program directors, communications and marketing staff to direct a strategic marketing and recruitment plan to meet target enrollment goals.
- Maintain a working relationships with the Office of Graduate Student Affairs and Associate Deans in each school to ensure student enrichment and success initiatives are planned and implemented for continuing and professional students.
- Working with the Director of Graduate Admissions, develop and maintain strategies to ensure newly accepted students are prepared for their programs and provided resources to keep them engaged through their studies.
- Manage the non-matriculating student process, ensuring that all students apply for admission and progress into a matriculated status.
- Develop and maintain effective metrics used to track recruitment activities, student retention, and student success for continuing and professional students.
Serve as the primary interface with each of the university's schools regarding continuing and professional programs and management of the Student Support Center, providing the necessary leadership and oversight to the direct reports in this center to ensure:
- Effective communication and coordination with other university offices including Registrar, Student Service Center, Financial Aid, IT, etc.
- Timely and effective student and faculty care.
- Timely and effective student enrollments, maintenance of pre- and post-courses records.
- Effective staff hiring, training and mentoring.
- Tactical sponsor relationship management and "keep sold" activities including day-to-day communication with sponsors, working to setup new cohorts/programs; resolution of issues.
- Participation in continuing and professional recruiting events, trade shows, professional society meetings, webinars, etc.
- Creating and executing a communication plan in the CRM for continuing and professional inquiries, leads and yield activities.
- Development and maintenance of operational processes and the continuous process improvement required to maintain excellent stakeholder satisfaction.
- Effective "on-boarding" process is executed for our professional partner programs.
- Working closely with the Directors of Corporate Relations within each school to ensure all professional programs are on-boarded and supported in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the Graduate Admissions staff to assist with meeting the new part-time student targets. Creating a strategic plan in ensuring the in-flow of continuing and professional part-time students.
The Director will be responsible for maintaining and providing comprehensive reports on continuing and professional program engagements, student progress, student retention statistics and any related reports. Leveraging the SCMS (Student Course Management System) and Slate to create and maintain these reports. Work with the Manager of Systems and Data Analytics in the Office of Graduate Academics to create reports needed for continuing and professional student retention and administrative functions.
Promote and maintain the Stevens values to ensure student centricity and excellence in all we do.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education (Required): Bachelors Degree. Master's Degree preferred (preferably in Higher Education Administration).
Experience (Required): 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration that includes at least 3 years of experience in effectively managing and leading direct-report employees. Experience within continuing education, professional development, online education, higher education administration is a plus. A proven record of accomplishment in effectively managing increasingly complex tasks and activities. Experience in the management and/or coordination of geographically dispersed programs and activities is a plus.
Demonstrated successful experience in developing/executing student retention plans and retention strategies from a data-driven perspective, including the use of integrated marketing campaigns, focus groups and social media to improve the support and retention of current students. Substantial experience in working with IT tools to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Experience creating operational processes and performing continuous process improvements to ensure smooth operations. Must have prior experience working with CRM tools and Student Information Systems.
Must be flexible and willing and able to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
Other Requirements: Effective written and oral communications. Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service, ability to multitask while working to aggressive deadlines, ability to learn quickly and make decisions in a high tempo environment. Effective project and time management, effective team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively lead a team, ability to perform with minimal supervision. The ability to professionally interact and communicate with internal departments and corporate partners, ability to effectively mentor others and facilitate in the growth and in the development of employees, ability to professionally represent the University.
Office of Graduate Admissions (Paul Easterling
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police