Weekend Student Activity Center Supervisor
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a part-time Weekend Student Activity Center Supervisor who is dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced.
This is an annual 8-month position with the hours of Fridays 1:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Saturdays 7:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (1/2 hour lunch break), and Sundays 1:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (1/2 hour dinner break). Also, weekday evenings are possible on an as-needed basis.
The Weekend Student Activity Center Supervisor will act as the direct contact for the facility on the weekend and all general operations of the Student Activity Center.
This position would instruct recreation center patrons in the effective use of a wide variety of cardio and fitness equipment, monitor orderly operation of the fitness room, and provide recommendations and assists in routine maintenance of fitness equipment.
The Part-Time Weekend Student Activity Center Supervisor will also supervise student workers, assist with intramural sports programs, and perform administrative duties related to the operation of the Student Activity Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in development of division health and wellness programs.
• Ensure rules, safety standards, and sanitation requirements are followed.
• Provide customer assistance as needed.
• Provide instruction to patrons in the proper use of the facility equipment to include cardiovascular equipment.
• Employee training, including an overview of the expectations of the facility and themselves.
• Allocation of duties and job assignments as needed.
• Monitor fitness room to ensure smooth flow of patrons through exercise circuits.
• Perform routine daily maintenance tasks such as cleaning equipment, filing fitness cards, and minor repairs on facility equipment.
• Document and reports all accidents and incidents in the fitness room.
• Document and reports all equipment malfunctions and safety hazards to Center Administrator.
• Assist in the inventory and requisitioning of supplies and parts for the fitness room.
• Perform related work as required.
•An Associate’s Degree
•A Bachelor’s Degree
•Work experience with public, and operation of fitness equipment
• Fitness Center operating policies and procedures.
• Fitness systems and proper techniques.
• Relational skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with coworkers and center patrons.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to make orders and review purchase items.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Posting Number 20110596
Job Category Staff
Reference Request Details
Accept References Yes
Minimum Requests 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Inside Higher Ed
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- MI Talent
- MCCA Website
- The Ladders
- Michigan Center for Nursing
- Indiana Career Connect
- Employee Referral
- SMC Website
- SMC Job Alert Email
- * Do you have an Associate's Degree or higher?
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Optional Documents