Shuttle Bus Driver
This is a part time position at 50% of full time.
Provide shuttle services, transportation needs of University vehicles and support Transportation Office with daily needs. This position will work during the Fall, Spring and Summer academic semesters, which is approximately 40 weeks per calendar year, working an average of 26 hours per week. This position will not work during the semester breaks, which are approximately 3-4 weeks long.
- Provide safe, dependable transportation on and around the campus area.
- Be available to drive for other drivers that have called in sick or are otherwise unable to work their regular shift.
- Drive charters for athletic teams, school organizations and others as required.
- Safely assist loading, unloading and securing of disabled passengers in a professional manner
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections with a high degree of accuracy and safety.
- Fuel buses when required.
- Maintain proper passenger counts and related paperwork.
- Use good judgment when need arises to alter assigned routes due to traffic conditions.
- Be prepared to work any time of day or night, to include weekends and/or to fill-in for vacant shifts and Charters.
- Assist with light office duties such as data entry, filing paperwork, and making copies.
- Assist with light maintenance of vehicles, refueling vehicles, and performance of vehicle safety inspections, cleaning of vehicles.
- Be available to drive for other drivers that have called in sick or otherwise.
- Drug Free Workplace
- Pre-Placement Physical
- Shift Work
- Other duties as assigned
- Engage regardless of ethnic, racial, political, gender, religious, intellectual background
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision
- Interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations
- Customer service concepts and techniques to meet or exceed customer need and expectations
- Techniques for providing excellent service to all customers
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Hourly Pay: $14.69 - $18.30
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Maintain current and valid Colorado DOT Physical Card and CDL Class A or B with P2 endorsement, no air brake restrictions.
- Routinely pass random drug and alcohol screens.
- Experience in University Transportation Services, working with local vendors, ability to fill-in all driver shifts, Shuttle routes and Charters.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position open until December 31, 2017 • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40094 - VCAF-Parking Operations
Posting Date: Aug 23, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Claudia Ryan
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00726073