Instructor - Nursing Simulation Learning Center
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs invites applications for an Instructor in the Simulation Learning Center. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with Simulation Learning Center Director, clinical faculty and lead faculty members to build and implement education experiences using simulation. This position requires technological expertise to operate computerized AV systems and high-fidelity mannequins. The Simulation Learning Center Instructor will participate in daily operations of the simulation center and future planning as part of the simulation education team.
Teach students using simulation
- Prepare for simulation: equipment checks, testing operations, preparation of mannequins and setting of appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Provide a pre-briefing and orientation to students.
- Operate prepared simulation scenarios: including mannequin voice, clinical signs and symptoms as appropriate for scenario, and responses to demonstrated student actions.
- Provide post-simulation debriefing, facilitating student discussion and performance review.
- Teach communication tools to faculty and students.
Collaboration with other faculty members regarding simulation
- Assist clinical instructors in successful use of the Simulation Learning Center to ensure achievement of course objectives.
- Communicate effectively with clinical instructors/lead faculty regarding overall student performance and noted areas of concern, including behavior appropriate for simulation lab.
- Collaborate with faculty and simulation staff to ensure students have consistent simulation experiences.
- Revise and maintain scenario details within database.
Coordination of Standardized Patient Program
- Assist with hiring Standardized Patients.
- Orient Standardized Patients and provide initial training.
- Assess educational needs and provide group training and individual coaching as needed.
- Coordinate scheduling of Standardized Patients.
Participate in management and evaluation of the simulation learning center
- Coordinate a master schedule of simulations and staff.
- Participate in quality improvement through running reports and analyzing session data.
- Contribute to faculty development.
- Provide informational tours and/or presentations of the simulation lab to interested groups from the community and within the university.
- Maintain simulation lab with regard to security, cleanliness, organization.
- Attend faculty/team meetings.
Continuing development as a simulation expert
- Attend seminars and courses applicable to simulation instruction.
- Obtain/maintain certification as a simulation expert.
Other duties as assigned.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Masters Degree with a BSN in Nursing
- Current Colorado Registered Nurse License
- Minimum of three years experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care
- Experience with simulation, high-fidelity mannequins or Standardized Patients
- Experience with TeamSTEPPS and Inter-professional Simulation
- CHSE certification
Special Instructions to Applicants:In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:-- Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by September 13, 2017 will receive full consideration. -- Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. -- Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. -- Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40081 - Beth-El UG Nursing
Posting Date: Aug 23, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Mary Claire Wahl
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00735408