Annual Giving Officer
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $99,900
The annual giving officer will work with the sr. director of annual giving to secure annual unrestricted and designated gifts to UC Riverside, growing the overall annual giving donor base. The incumbent will cultivate and solicit alumni, parents, and friends. The position is dedicated to maximizing annual gifts and identifying leadership donors through the use of personal solicitations, stewardship, and relationship building. This is a two-year, renewable contract position which includes the same employee benefits afforded to career employees. Cover letter required.
Proven computer skills to create documents, spreadsheets, and reports using Word, Access, Excel, or other software applications.
Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction, and setting priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities. Excellent problem-solving skills with proven ability to strategize, prioritize, and multi-task to meet departmental goals/deadlines.
Strong sense of ethical conduct that will inspire confidence and motivation with the proven ability to persuade colleagues and donor prospects, while maintaining confidentiality in all matters as they relate to sensitive donor relations issues.
Skill in evaluating and analyzing data and information to identify patterns, trends, and relationships, and formulating logical and objective conclusions or recommendations.
Collaborate with deans, directors, academic and University leaders and volunteers to achieve fundraising goals.
Direct the design of strategies for cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors.
Proven experience in the full spectrum of development including cultivation, stewardship, and donor recognition.
Good written and interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the campus and/or medical center and with external constituencies.
Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of leadership annual gift fundraising, preferably within a major research university environment.
Good organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Work effectively with advancement staff in devising, analyzing, modifying, implementing, and evaluating development programs.
Skill to maintain confidentiality.
Working knowledge of the campus and/or medical center, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, et cetera.
Advanced writing skills to independently write concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical or narrative reports, correspondence, or proposals.
Experience with Raiser's Edge or other constituent databases. Experience with exporting/importing data from or to different software applications; and operating knowledge of Internet for data gathering purposes.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview