Dining Systems Analyst
Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: Dining Systems Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Dining Services
Date Posted: 08/23/2017
Position Information: Under the close supervision of the Dining Systems Supervisor, the Dining Systems Analyst is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of menus and inventory, researching menus with Dining Nutritionist and Dining Executive Chefs, and organizing Dining systems hardware and web based programs. The Dining Systems Analyst is responsible for the daily supervision of student staff (3) and maintaining the student staff work schedule. Data management responsibilities include inputting menus, maintaining data files, assisting with the planning and organization for the weekly Production Run. The Dining Systems Analyst assists with training of staff on menu management database system (FoodPro); kitchen monitoring system (Smart-Temps); inventory application for hand-helds and PDAs (TracerPlus); point of sale system (Micros/Oracle); real-time feedback application (TouchWork Solutions). **Candidates selected for an interview will be required to complete a pre-emloyment assessment as part of the interview and selection process.**
Minimum Requirements: Demonstrated service orientation skills.
Demonstrated problem-solving skills. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds.
Knowledge of relevant rules and regulations.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to represent relevant information in abstract models. Critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
Knowledge and/or experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access). Ability to maintain accurate databases and reports.
Ability to perform and maintain accurate data entry.
Ability to develop skills in order to organize and direct daily workflow, monitor student staff, and provide training and guidance.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong analytical and design skills, including the ability to abstract information requirements from real-world processes to understand information flows in computer systems.
Strong organizational skills.
Understanding of data management operations and database administration, including data modeling, data definition, data conversion and management of content or unstructured information.
Knowledge of menu management database system (FoodPro); kitchen monitoring system (Smart-Temps); inventory application for hand-helds and PDAs (TracerPlus); point of sale system (Micros/Oracle); real-time feedback application (TouchWork Solutions).
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview