Incoming Student Engagement Coordinator
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Incoming Student Engagement Coordinator
Posting Number: S00943
Benefits Eligible?: Yes
Hiring Minimum: $16.14/hour
Department: Student Services
Location: MIIS at Monterey Main Campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
This (part-time) support position, as a part of the MIIS recruiting department and student engagement team, supports institutional efforts to monitor and improve the incoming student experience with the express goal of having a positive impact on institutional yield. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, regular correspondence with prospective students, reporting of applicant behavior, and coordination support for key yield-related activities, communications and events.'
• Coordinate responses to admitted and incoming student queries (deposit deadline extension requests, scholarship petition requests, letter requests, etc.)
• Coordinate and support ongoing activities and efforts focused on increasing yield.
• Work closely with appropriate departments such as Admissions, Recruiting, Alumni Relations, faculty and school Deans, Student Financial Services, International Student and Scholar Services, and the Center for Advising and Career Services to support admitted student communication and engagement
• Support conversion activities throughout the recruitment and admissions process (online chats, webinars, student blogs and social media content, profiles, targeted pushes, etc.)
• Support Admissions data collection efforts and analyze data valuable for creating the best class and identifying opportunities for future growth
• Coordinate admitted student tracking systems to measure and monitor applicant behavior and decisions
• Maintain good practices of customer relationship management and use of the CRM system
• Participate in conversion activities throughout the recruitment and admissions process as requested
• Assist with incoming student communication plan and implementation as directed by the Assistant Dean of Student Life and Engagement and the Director of Marketing
• Facilitate and track connections applicants make with alumni, current students and faculty.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of Orientation for Professional Success each fall and spring intake
• Other duties as deemed necessary
A combination of education and experience which would demonstrate possession of the skills required for the position. A typical way to meet these requirements would be completion of high school (or equivalent), one to two years' office management/admissions/recruitment training, and two years increasingly responsible administrative/secretarial experience. Experience working in academic setting is preferable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Skilled in digital tracking applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point
• Handle confidential information
• Excellent organizational, written and oral communication and customer service skills
• Positive attitude, enthusiasm and ability to flexibly react to changing environments and situations
• Ability to identify nuances in communication that could prompt action
• CRM experience a plus
Direct experience in admissions or marketing and, more broadly, "enrollment management," is preferred. Strong interpersonal / communication skills. Research, data management and analysis experience a plus. Team player, assertive, adaptable, professional.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Essential job functions require ability to sit for extended periods of time, walk, bend, climb, push/pull, lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally. Also requires fine dexterity and ability to grasp, i.e. for writing and word processing/data entry.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply - complete an online application and attach all required documents.
If you do not have reference letters, please attach contact information for references.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
Apply now at https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/15782