Human Resources Coordinator
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Human Resources Coordinator position. This position is responsible for coordinating a range of HR initiatives, activities and projects. Areas of focus include adjunct and student employment, non-employee worker classification and processing, HRIS, data and survey support, event coordination, and employee recognition initiatives. Daily assignments and direction will be given primarily by the Senior Human Resources Manager and HRIS Administrator, but may also come from other senior HR team members.
- Coordinate onboarding for adjunct employees, including completion of background checks and educational verifications, entry in HRIS, completion of I9 verification, and collection of all mandatory new hire paperwork prior to start date.
- Manage data tracking, reporting, and compliance for adjunct employees, under the guidance of the University’s Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Coordinate any changes related to adjunct employment policies or processes in partnership with each school’s Director of Operations.
- Monitor the adjunct employment email inbox, responding efficiently to inquiries from adjunct faculty and assisting with changes to their terminal degree and/or outside teaching points.
- Coordinate onboarding for adjunct employees, including entry in HRIS, completion of I9 verification, and collection of all mandatory new hire paperwork prior to start date.
- Process job changes and terminations for student employees in HRIS.
- Partner with Office of Financial Aid to update student supervisor training manuals, support student employee training efforts, and to coordinate any changes related to student employment policies or processes.
Non-Employee Classification and Management
- Act as primary point of contact for questions about non-employee personnel, including volunteers, Independent Contractors and agency temps.
- Review requests for non-employee personnel to ensure workers are appropriately classified.
- Run background checks and assign trainings to workers as needed.
HRIS, Data and Survey Compliance Support
- Monitor the Workday support email account and respond to all inquiries in a timely and efficient manner, notifying the HRIS Administrator of any areas of concern.
- Assist HRIS Administrator with bi-annual HRIS update process to include testing of new functionality.
- Respond to data requests from internal stakeholders, and coordinate annual survey compliance, including IPEDS, CUPA, and AICCU.
- Coordinate event and meeting logistics for the Office of Human Resources including room scheduling, catering, communications, invitations and event set-up and hosting.
Employee Recognition and Retention
- Coordinate annual Employee Service Awards, ensuring successful event delivery. Provide direction as lead to Service Awards Committee. Create and maintain event coordination timeline. Manage event budget as well employee award eligibility.
- Manage and advocate Penguin Pat employee recognition program. Track and celebrate recipients. Promote increased reliance on the tool for employee acknowledgement.
Human Resources Service Center
- Serve as back up to HR Student Assistants in providing phone/front desk coverage. Provide and/or monitor efficient and effective response handling to all inquiries and requests, to ensure improved department perception on campus.
Perform other duties and projects as requested by Senior Human Resources Manager and HRIS Administrator.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of two years of experience in Human Resources or related field
- Knowledge and applied experience with resolving constituent concerns
- Strong employee customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and abilities
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Must be professional, diplomatic and able to serve a variety of constituents with equity, fairness and tact
- HRIS experience, particularly using Workday, a plus
- Experience working in higher education or nonprofit setting
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by September 15, 2017; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required. Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.