Customer Contact-Student Involvement Coordinator, Marinette
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about the College, enrollment, student finance, financial aid, appointments, and also plans and organizes all Student Involvement activities and programs.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Greet internal and external customers, in person, phone, via email, and serve as liaison between customer and appropriate staff.
- Maintain record of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, and actions taken.
- Monitor Student Involvement Budget.
- Organize the Marinette Campus Graduation, Welcome Week, and oversee the Student Senate.
- Create student accounts, enroll students, and update student information using the student information system.
- Update information system and other resources to maintain log of frequently asked questions. Utilize references to resolve customer inquiries.
- Determine charges for services requested; collect payment or arrange for billing.
- Assist students in understanding the financial aid process and in completion of required documentation.
- Assist students in establishing and navigating through a self-service account, understanding program requirements, applying to a program, and managing Marinette admissions spreadsheet.
- Advise Student Senate on the Marinette campus
- Assist in the creation, delivery and evaluation of Student Involvement programs and events. Regularly assess student satisfaction with campus events, activities, and organizations.
- Organize and coordinate various student activities, events, and/or trips.
- Order and maintain all Student Involvement supplies and materials. Assist in ordering for Student Organizations.
- Provide support and training for Student Senate, Student Organizations, and Club Officers and Advisors.
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College’s values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success – Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Flexibility - Ability to adjust to changes as necessary.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related-related problems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associates Degree
Experience: Two years related experience.
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Microsoft Office Suite, OneNote, Instant Messaging, electronic calendar system and data management system (PeopleSoft preferred).
Ability to type 40 words per minute with 95 percent accuracy.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Union Code: ESS
Salary Grade: C
Reports To: Marinette Campus Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Once a month
Positions Supervised: None
LOCATION: Marinette Campus
STANDARD HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. Typical hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with one day a week from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Rotating Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; Flexibility required to include other evening and/or weekend hours as necessary.
MINIMUM STARTING RATE OF PAY*: $19.91/hour
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.