The Robert and Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts is a world-class, multi-venue performing arts center on the campus of the University of Denver, Home to the Lamont School of Music, The Newman Center hosts nearly 500 events annually. In addition to performances by Lamont students and faculty, the Newman Center is an in-demand performance venue for numerous rental clients including the Denver Post Pen and Podium Series, Friends of Chamber Music, Denver Brass, Wonderbound Dance, Cleo Parker Robinson Dance, Urban League of Denver, The CELL and many others. The Newman Center also presents nationally touring performing arts groups through its acclaimed series, Newman Center Presents. In addition, the Newman Center engages students, teachers and the community through its learning and community engagement programming.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Senior Director of Development for the Newman Center for the Performing Arts. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will support general office functions for the entire Newman Center administrative staff.
Administrative support to the Executive Director
- Schedule and coordinate appointments and meetings, greets guests, coordinate restaurant reservations for meetings and other related needs.
- Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings and take minutes as needed.
- Assist with general inquiries about the Newman Center operations.
- Process expense reports and credit cards statements for Executive Director and Senior Director of Development.
- Assist the Executive Director with compiling application materials for the NCPA liquor license.
Development Administrative Support
- Create initial draft of donor acknowledgement letters for review and signature, and ensure timely mailing of donor acknowledgements.
- Work under the supervision of the Senior Director of Development to coordinate donor recognition in program books and the annual report.
- Assist with donor stewardship including arranging for donor birthday cards, assisting with onsite donor visits (parking, directions, etc.), arrange for donor tickets at will call and arrange for specialized donor gifts on occasion.
- Assist with editing and gathering content for the annual report.
- Coordinate approval of gift agreement language from internal stakeholders as needed.
- Obtain necessary signatures for gift agreement and submit to University Advancement gift processing team.
- Assemble necessary paperwork and signature to process in-kind donations.
- Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development, create first round of donor brief for NCPA donor events to share with Executive Director and DU Leadership.
- Provide event support (creating invitations, nametags, table tents, etc.).
- Coordinates private backstage tours and small receptions with donors.
- Donor database updates: Maintain accurate information in donor database by adding donor call reports as requested, request updated contact info (through iPioneer) and add/update NCPA gift proposals.
- Assist the Executive Director and Senior Director of Development in drafting and collating materials for proposals.
- Maintain and monitor annual calendar of deadlines for grants.
- Coordinate updates to donor webpage as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized, with the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong attention to detail but with the ability to process multiple requests and tasks in a timely manner.
- Advanced experience working in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to quickly learn new administrative software platforms.
- Ability to work well with a team as well as work independently.
- Ability to manage sensitive confidential material in a professional manner.
- High School diploma.
- 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in an administrative support role.
- Advanced education may be considered as a substitute for experience.
- Previous experience working for a performing arts organization.
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization.
- Background in/enthusiasm for the performing arts.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, August 30, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.