Department: Professional and Continuing Education
The Marketing Coordinator/Senior Marketing Coordinator, under direction of the Marketing Director and/or the Senior Marketing Manager, provides second-level support marketing efforts for Professional and Continuing Education to: support the execution of marketing campaigns that yield a quantifiable and significant return on marketing investments across the spectrum of channels; positively impact the fiscal performance of the programs and the quality of Professional and Continuing Education relationships with internal and external constituents who are collaborative partners; and assists efforts to increase inquiries and enrollments by prospective and current students. In addition, the Marketing Coordinator/Senior Marketing Coordinator assists in the creation of research documents, reports, and content; coordinates projects; supports and monitors consistent branding and positioning for existing programs and those targeted for launch; and monitors the production of comprehensive and multi-channeled marketing and communications campaigns with the goal of increasing student enrollments and revenue in a self-supporting environment and positively shaping Professional and Continuing Education's identity, profile and visibility within the community. Must have excellent spelling and grammar skills. The Marketing Coordinator/Senior Marketing Coordinator must have excellent customer service, organizational and communication skills. Proven ability to anticipate needs and take initiative. Higher education experience preferred. Proven ability to use computers for business applications, including word-processing, spreadsheets, data management and web-based database and administrative systems software. Supervision received: general supervision from Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager assigned to within Professional and Continuing Education.
Examples of Work/Responsibilities:
Assist the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager with all digital marketing efforts, including but not limited to:
• Implementation of program-specific, multi-channeled digital marketing and communication plans for assigned programs including: website maintenance, email marketing, social media, search, and PPC activities.
• Assists in all promotional print, television, Web, radio advertising, social media and direct mail marketing of programs/courses assigned.
• Support the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager to define keywords, audience profile, write content, and position programs for pay-per-click (PPC), search engine optimization (SEO), and online education directories (OEDs).
• Coordinate with external vendors including designers, printers, marketing services and mail processing to develop and execute jobs, such as, collateral items, HTML email, website and landing pages, direct mail, print, etc.
• Coordinates implementation of electronic and online marketing efforts including: the development, maintenance, and optimization of the architecture and usability of program websites; the incorporation of search engine optimization and digital marketing techniques, and the utilization of other social and emerging digital marketing channels.
• Set up email counts, email testing, and deployments. Define email targets and prepare creative asset packages for production.
• Support digital performance analysis and monitoring trends across various digital marketing channels.
Senior Marketing Coordinator assists Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager in developing, planning, and executing interactive marketing efforts. Coordinates relationships with a wide variety of constituencies within the USD campus, throughout the San Diego area, nationally, and internationally, to advance educational program goals.
Assist the Marketing Director and/or the Senior Marketing Manager in the development, implementation and execution of an integrated, marketing, and communications strategy, including but not limited to:
• Coordinates program-specific, multi-channeled, integrated marketing plans for educational programs including: booking of media, career and educational portals, print, broadcast, and referrals.
• Supports the needs of product strategy, targeting, branding, creative services, print and online advertising, publication distribution, media planning, public relations, quality assurance, and on-time deliverables for assigned programs.
• Supports the Marketing Director and/or the Senior Marketing Manager with the delivery of a high-converting stream (lead-to-student) of inquiries from a diversified marketing mix that emphasizes strategic deployment of resources to the highest converting lead sources.
• Supports the processing of marketing-related contracts.
Senior Marketing Coordinator supports the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager to adapt and tailor the organization's strategic marketing vision into a multi-channeled and comprehensive marketing plan for each educational program.
Monitor, track, and report on marketing campaigns and program activities, including but not limited to:
• Tracks inquiries from potential students for educational programs from national, regional, and local audiences.
• Assists in analyzing database of leads for key characteristics and metrics.
• Tracks and reports on campaign response rates.
• Calculates return-on-investment (ROI) on campaign expenditures using provided data.
• Tracks and reports on cost-per-lead (CPL) and cost-per-start (CPS) by each source per program.
• Prepares weekly program reports and monthly dashboard reports.
• Supports performance analysis and monitoring trends across various marketing channels.
Senior Marketing Coordinator assists the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager to package and translate findings into actionable insights and converts research into report form for constituents.
Assist the Marketing Director and/or the Senior Marketing Manager with marketing retention efforts, program development, and the launch of new educational programs, including but not limited to:
• Coordinates ongoing student engagement efforts.
• Supports an increase in program referrals.
• Assists with the development and implementation of new programs.
• Coordinate career service offerings for educational programs.
• Conducts secondary research for all programs assigned and build out standard research templates.
• Stays informed of new developments in the industry.
Senior Marketing Coordinator supports the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager to develop and implement marketing retention plans for existing students and alumni.
General duties (as needed):
• Coordinates market research, enrollment analysis, and marketing assessments.
• Assists in the development and implementation of data-driven, metric-based marketing research including competitors, target audience size, and industry data.
• Researches marketing channels for specific audiences as support for assessing the ability to reach the target audience.
• Researches new opportunities and threats in the marketplace.
• Participates in outreach efforts, career fairs, and other similar events.
Senior Marketing Coordinator assists the Marketing Director and/or Senior Marketing Manager in developing new strategies to create relationships with a wide variety of constituencies within the USD campus, throughout the San Diego area, nationally, and internationally, to advance the educational program goals.
• Bachelor's degree (high school diploma plus two years of experience may substitute for bachelor's degree).
• At least 1 year of experience in product marketing, campaign planning including direct and/or interactive marketing, research, messaging, positioning.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of marketing strategy.
• Strong creative and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
• Working knowledge of project management fundamentals.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
• Demonstrated ability to use customer relationship management tools.
Senior Marketing Coordinator – in addition to those above:
• Three years of experience in product marketing, campaign planning including direct and/or integrated marketing.
• Understanding of search, online advertising, and pay-per-click (PPC).
• Ability to negotiate.
• Demonstrated ability to systematically track and analyze feedback, data, and budget information.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends in order to meet project deadlines. Must be able to work with all required technologies and tools.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Salary: $18.16-$22.50 per hour; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, you are strongly recommended to upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review.If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here To Apply