Director of the School of Engineering, University of North Florida
The University of North Florida invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of the School of Engineering. The Director position is a twelve month administrative position within the College of Computing, Engineering, and Construction, with direct reporting responsibilities to the Dean of the College.
UNF consists of six colleges and has over 16,000 students. The School of Engineering resides within the College of Computing, Engineering, and Construction. The School consists of three ABET accredited programs in Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering, and offers bachelor's and master's degrees in all three disciplines.
Candidates for this position must have an earned doctorate in an engineering discipline eligible for tenure within Engineering and currently hold the rank of associate or full professor.
The Director must be committed to leading the School in strategic planning which promotes a vision of cohesion, program assessment, and accreditation efforts in line with the university strategic plan. The ideal candidate will possess and provide evidence of the following in his/her application:
1. A record of leadership, integrity, and strong interpersonal communication;
2. An appreciation of the interrelationships between the programs offered by the School of Engineering and a commitment to their mutual advancement;
3. A demonstrated national presence in his/her discipline;
4. A demonstrated ability to develop, grow, or advance academic programs;
5. A strong record of scholarship and commitment to excellence in research, teaching, and service; and
6. Administrative, managerial, or leadership experience working effectively in collaboration with a diverse faculty, administrators, and/or staff within a university.
The Director must represent the range of engineering disciplines in the various programs and will lead the strategic plan for growth of the School, which may include the creation of new individual Departments and/or a restructuring of the School. Duties will include leading the School of Engineering, budget management and oversight, strategic planning, conducting personnel evaluations, community outreach and service, and overseeing accreditation and program assessment efforts.
The University of North Florida is a comprehensive regional university and is one of twelve public universities in the State of Florida. The campus is located seven miles inland from the Atlantic Ocean and twelve miles southeast of downtown Jacksonville in a 1,380-acre nature preserve. For more information about the city of Jacksonville, visit the official city website at http://www.coj.net/. For more information on the College of Computing, Engineering and Construction, visit the website: http://www.unf.edu/ccec.
Review of applications begins October 2, 2017 and the position is open until filled. The anticipated start date is June 2018. To apply for this position, a candidate must complete a one-page online application in the UNF Human Resource system (OASys) at www.unfjobs.org, and upload a letter of interest addressing the qualifications mentioned above and a curriculum vitae including the names, titles, business contact information, and email addresses of three references.
Questions regarding this search should be directed to:
Dr. Mag Malek, Chair, Search Committee
Chair, Department of Construction Management
University of North Florida
1 UNF Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Florida's "Sunshine Law" requires that all search committee business be open to public review.
For more information about the University of North Florida, visit our website at www.unf.edu. "UNF is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action institution."
More jobs like this
- Other Executive Administration Academic Affairs jobs in Engineering & Mathematics
- Other Executive Administration Academic Affairs jobs in Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Other Executive Administration Academic Affairs jobs in Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Other Executive Administration Academic Affairs jobs in Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering