Parking Inspector- 17000676
Parking Inspector- 17000676
Lone Star College-System Office
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office at 5000 Research Forest Drive. The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
Under general supervision, enforces parking violations as per LSCS parking rules and regulations. Trained in all aspects of System policy, college and departmental procedures, enforces regulations and adheres to same. Performs a variety of routine functions in support of law and parking enforcement activities.
- Has developed specialized skills through job-related training and on-the-job experience
- Writes citations for parking offenses such as handicap violations, fire lane violations, improper display of parking permit, no permit displayed, improper use of marked spaces, double parking, obstructing traffic, and other similar citations
- May perform information booth duties, including but not limited to greeting visitors to the college, directing persons to the appropriate areas, answering and re-directing phone calls, issuing one-day visitors parking permits, relaying and receiving communications from police dispatch, campus police, and security guards via radio and other similar tasks
- May be assigned to operate an electric/motor vehicle to assist in carrying out the business of the department
- Cross trains to perform vehicle assistance as needed, including but not limited to performing jumpstarts, vehicle unlocks and flats
- Responds to parking and traffic questions in person, by telephone, in writing, or through e-mail correspondence
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge in the area of parking and ticketing systems
- Basic computer and applicable software skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential department information
- Ability to exercise self-restraint and maintain composure under pressure or adverse conditions.
- Ability to operate with limited supervision and maintain efficient, self-directed job functions.
- Excellent decision-making skill and ability to think and act quickly
- Ability to adhere to all LSCS policies and procedures governing personnel and parking operations
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time, stand, reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel, and use hands and fingers to manipulate and operate objects, tools and/or controls
- Demonstrated commitment to multi-cultural and multi-generational diversity
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling, and working, primarily with the whole hand
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as viewing and using a hand-held and/or PC ticket writer, viewing a computer terminal, and reading documents
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone, PC ticket writer and other general office and ticketing equipment. General motor vehicle related tools, including but not limited to car jacks, jumper cables, and tire irons
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed primarily out-of-doors, with frequently walking, standing and potential for exposure to extreme weather. Requires weekend duty and shift work.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 2 years of related work experience; an associate’s degree or higher may be substituted for years of experience
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Associate’s degree
- Experience with handheld pocket PC ticket writer
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.