Student Enrollment Specialist
Student Enrollment Specialist
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: Corporate & Professional Education (2100)
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
WPI is a leading provider of graduate education. Our students can opt for the traditional classroom setting, participate in a cohort at an onsite corporation location, or select our innovative online delivery platform. These options enable the working professional to incorporate WPI's acclaimed graduate education programs into their busy life.
The Student Enrollment Specialist is responsible for enrolling part-time graduate students into WPI programs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for developing and implementing measurable strategies/tactics for student enrollment.
• Work within a team of Sales, Marketing, Development and Operations to effectively build and execute a plan for achieving successful enrollment goals in graduate programs.
• Proactively promote educational solutions to achieve sales revenue goals.
• Responsible for attaining budget related revenue goals for sales by growing/retaining existing key accounts and support developing new accounts.
• Aggressively review account activities in pursuit of new students and utilize active listening skill to identify up-selling opportunities.
• Assist in developing written documents when necessary, including follow-up letters and internal communications.
• Coordinate mailings and email marketing with the marketing group to existing clients to generate corporate leads and the utilization of social networking tools.
• Work closely with the Institutional Engagement team to efficiently and effectively target, explore, qualify and transition new accounts.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Two years + experience working in a sales environment, solution selling a plus.
• Strong persuasive skills and presentation skills with the ability to positively influence and motivate others.
• A dynamic, outgoing personality
• Strong customer service orientation, creativity and problem solving skills.
• Ability to identify and articulate opportunities to increase existing accounts.
• Business development abilities.
• Excellent written, oral communication and listening skills.
• Strong multi-tasking, organizational, business and functional skills and knowledge.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience in selling educational solutions and/or enrollment management preferred.
• Microsoft Office products and computer skills required, as well as familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM tool.
• Ability to work evening hours and travel beyond New England required, possible overnights.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to lift up to 45lbs.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Posting Date: 08/22/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/4910
WPI’s reputation as a rigorous and innovative university rests on the shoulders of its faculty. A highly selective, private technological university and one of the nation’s first, WPI believes that when great minds work together, great advances follow. At WPI the boundaries to multidisciplinary collaboration are low—faculty members, students, and other partners work together on the real-world projects and purposeful research that are hallmarks of the WPI experience. We are most proud of a recent No. 1 ranking for “faculty who best combine research and teaching.” (Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Ed, 2016) Located one hour west of Boston, the university’s campus is in Worcester, Massachusetts, a thriving 21stcentury college city recognized as a growing hub of scientific and technological innovation.