Job Number: 76075
Administrative Associate, Pay Grade F, FTE 100%, Non-exempt, One year Fixed Term School of Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department in the School of Engineering seeks an Administrative Associate to join its team of administrative staff. The department is home to a large and active student body, excellent and dedicated faculty, and experienced administrative staff members who maintain high standards of excellence in a collegial environment.
This Administrative Associate role is a new staff position supporting Professor Jenna Davis's research team including field projects (about 45% time) and collaborating with other parts of the department to ensure robust support for research center events and departmental marketing and website efforts (the remaining 55% time).
Support for Prof. Davis's group will entail logistical support and remote coordination of field projects in the developing world, involving international travel arrangements, export controls, and administrative support for field activities; along with routine faculty support activities such as expense reimbursements, procurement, financial reporting and budget assistance, course/teaching support, website maintenance, meeting coordination, initiating and tracking student financial support, and similar duties or special projects as determined by the faculty member or supervisor.
The position will also provide transactional support and event coordination assistance for two or three active research centers within the department, and will collaborate with administrative leaders in those centers regularly to ensure their varying, dynamic business needs receive timely and robust support.
Finally, this position will collaborate with the leadership team at the central departmental level to support growth in CEE's efforts to engage with alumni as well as prospective graduate program applicants by developing marketing collateral and providing website development assistance and support. The position will coordinate regularly with managers and other administrative staff in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department and may occasionally coordinate with personnel in the School of Engineering and central administrative offices.
Provide administrative or operational support with limited supervision. May be responsible for leading other administrative staff or subordinates.
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Four-year college degree highly desired. Experience managing field research projects a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume to be considered for this opening.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote healthy and fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest!
Location: School of Engineering
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.