Honors Program Coordinator
Honors Program Coordinator
Position Number 998539
Department Honors Program
Salary $34,000 - $35,720
Reporting directly to the Director of the Honors Program, the Honors Program Coordinator assists the Director in planning and coordinating co-curricular programming and carrying out administrative functions of the program. The Program Coordinator coordinates the leadership development programs and the peer mentoring program, including supervision of peer mentors. The Program Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the program website and assists in recruiting and retention initiatives, establishing and maintaining alumni relations, and developing publicity materials.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
- Plans, organizes, implements, and develops assessment measures for leadership development programs and oversees community engagement initiatives.
- Coordinates peer mentoring program, including developing and providing training materials and workshops, coordinating work schedules, overseeing payroll, and evaluating performance of mentors. Apprises program director of potential issues and offers strategies to resolve issues.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date information on the department website and develops and oversees production of recruiting materials.
- Assists with answering telephones, general office duties, and maintaining the Honors Lounge.
- Assists the Program Director and Honors faculty with arranging student trips and shares travel responsibilities as requested.
- Supports and engages with students by maintaining regular contact, engaging students on campus, and attending program and Honors Student Association meetings and events.
- Assists in recruitment and orientation initiatives, including developing strategies and materials, visiting with prospective students, and participating in recruiting, orientation, and registration events as needed.
- Compiles statistical data and provides research and technical assistance for assessment and strategic planning initiatives or special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Word processing, graphics, and presentation software
- Standard office procedures, practices, and equipment
- Undergraduate honors education principles and practices
- Oral and written communication
- Interpersonal relations
- Designing and executing effective web content and marketing materials
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate events
- Prioritize and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Exercise independent judgment based on thorough understanding of program policies, goals, and objectives
- Establish and maintain cooperative, effective working relationships with students, university personnel, and community partners
- Provide support and direction to students and student workers
- Learn equipment and skills necessary to complete tasks
Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university plus experience with program or event planning and implementation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Prior experience with Honors administration or Honors education
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].