Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: DINRE
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA
Reporting to the Vice Provost and Chief Educational Compliance Officer, the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness is responsible for all university-level institutional research activities and serves as a strategic partner providing leadership, guidance and support to university leaders in achieving the highest level of institutional effectiveness and evidence-based decision making grounded in solid institutional data and analysis. The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness leads the institution's data collection, extraction, analysis and evaluation, including identifying trends to promote and inspire innovation and inform decision making across the University. The Director has a high degree of skill and independence in extracting data from the University ERP and presenting those data visually via digital and other communication vehicles. The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness develops and generates data to inform systematic, broad-based, and interrelated planning processes for the educational, administrative and support activities in an innovative and growth-oriented institution.
- Envision and execute a democratized data environment via the oversight of a comprehensive dashboard development initiative to improve access to data from institution-level Key Performance Indicators to operational dashboard indicators for key institutional partners. Includes an annual calendar of static reports shared with appropriate audiences via multiple data visualization tools.
- In collaboration with members of the Executive Staff, manage the development and implementation of institutional Key Performance Indicators.
- Lead monthly Institutional Research Strategy Sessions with the President and members of the Executive Staff to establish a data and analysis strategy, to track performance toward meeting institutional goals and to provide data to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Improve existing data collection strategies and develop new approaches and procedures, as needed, for the collection and analysis of institutional data and the distribution of research reports to external agencies and internal constituencies, including the Board of Trustees.
- Identification, introduce and provide training on data visualization strategies to promote communication.
- Generate reports for internal and external audiences and agencies, including IPEDS, and ensuring that the data are accurate and submitted within required time frames.
- Oversee the research, compilation, verification and analysis of statistical data on the University, including the University Fact Book and Common Data Set.
- Work with campus partners in cross-functional way to improve existing data collection strategies, promote data integrity and implement new approaches and procedures, as needed, for the collection and analysis of institutional data.
- Lead the extraction of data within Jenzabar and other institutional data sources for meaningful and comprehensive research reports.
- Develop, maintain and enforce standard operating procedures for data collection and reporting processes to ensure data integrity for report creation and dissemination.
- Play a lead role in supporting accreditation visits and reporting.
- Contribute to the monitoring of academic program success with respect to enrollment, retention, persistence and graduation through the provision of data and analysis of trends.
- Oversee efforts to collect and track internship and graduate outcomes data as evidence of program learning outcomes.
- Coordinate with the Institutional Advancement Office on data collection and reporting strategies to inform and support grant-writing activities.
- Conduct research studies and/or special projects as requested by the President and the senior leadership of the University.
- Master's degree in an appropriate field is desired as a minimum qualification.
- 3 years of successful and progressive institutional research experience with a proven record of reviewing and improving institutional capabilities.
- Demonstrated operational experience in key institutional research competencies, including reporting, data governance and management, integrated higher education management technologies and research design and statistical analysis.
- Experience with tools for analytics, particularly Logi.
- Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Experience with standard external reporting expectations, including IPEDS, CIC, Common Data Set, etc.
- Ability to provide accurate analysis and reporting.
- Skilled at active listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking time to understand the points being made.
- Knowledge of the English language, including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Skilled at written and verbal communication, including presentations to groups of varying sizes.
- Skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to inform general rules or conclusions, including finding a relationship among seemingly disparate information.
- Ability to report findings succinctly in understandable narrative, charts, graphs and/or tables.
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively and cooperatively with a diverse body of faculty and staff across multiple campuses.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful circumstances and/or aggressive deadlines.
- A detail-oriented, analytical self-starter who can manage multiple projects of high importance.
- Ability to work with confidential material information with integrity, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.