Position summary: This position is responsible for providing ongoing support and maintenance as well as developing solutions for the enhancement and expansion of Stevens' administrative systems. Stevens' information systems environment includes both on-premise as well as cloud / SaaS-based systems.
A primary focus will be on providing production support for Stevens' existing Workday HCM system, as well as development and deployment support for Stevens' Workday Student system implementation. Corresponding responsibilities include but are not limited to systems integration development and maintenance, configuration support, business process administration, and enterprise-level security administration. Responsibilities of the Enterprise Information Systems team including this position span the entire Workday lifecycle including development, testing, implementation, enhancement updates, and system documentation.
The Systems Analyst will work closely with other Information Technology staff members, as well as work closely and cooperatively with members of the Stevens community, particularly those in functional areas supporting administrative operations. The Systems Analyst will follow best practices and systems analysis methodologies to design and develop comprehensive systems enhancements, implement new functionalities, maintain systems and their integrations, document systems specifications, and develop support strategies across the entire Enterprise Information Systems portfolio of applications. The Systems Analyst may also perform systems administration functions as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the operation and high availability of Stevens' enterprise information systems
- Modify, upgrade, and enhance Stevens' diverse and complex administrative systems and integrations based on business needs
- Act as a key technical resource to project teams for new system development and implementations
- Resolve system administrative and technical issues, troubleshoot problems, work with vendors, and communicate solutions to functional users
- Communicate and collaborate with other business units, IT staff members, and vendors to coordinate and schedule application changes and to lead efforts for
- Maintain appropriate system design, configuration, functionality, and operational documentation according to established standards and best practices
- Identify areas for innovative processes and solutions to support Stevens' mission and goals
- Proactively and continuously pursue skills and professional development and training, and acquire new technical knowledge and abilities
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Minimum of three years of professional experience dealing with systems analysis, integration development, and reporting
- At least one year of professional experience on the Workday platform highly preferred
- Experience in a production environment with a broad variety of operating systems and platforms (Windows Server and Linux is expected)
- Experience with relational database management systems (SQL Server experience preferred), reporting and query tools, and ETL and data integration
- Experience with modern programming languages and application development
- Experience with both client-server and cloud-based technologies and systems
- Professional experience in higher education strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both highly technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving ability, with high attention to detail
- Strong self-initiation and the ability to work independently when necessary, while simultaneously being a strong team player
- Flexibility and creativity in producing solid deliverables
- Ability to flourish in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
Office of Enterprise Information Systems
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police