When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: REGAS
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA
The Registration Assistant supports the Registrar's Office with oversight over all front-end operations. This position requires an individual with excellent communication skills, high attention to detail, critical and creative thinking, flexibility and an ability to work collaboratively with faculty, students, staff and alumni. The Registration Assistant is also responsible for maintaining the integrity of student information, academic records, and day-to-day office operations.
- Maintain front-end communication including answering the main phone line, checking the email@example.com email account, assisting walk-ins, and keeping presence on MyBayPath portal updated.
- Process all transcript and verification of enrollment requests.
- Maintain accurate and updated student records in Jenzabar including processing add/drops, withdrawals from classes and/or the University, stop outs and leave of absence requests, major/program changes, grade changes, and other functions as necessary.
- Oversee the hiring, scheduling, responsibilities, and training of office work study students.
- Have a working knowledge of University policies for interpretation and application related to program requirements, transfer credit evaluation, registration and records.
- Uphold internal, Federal and Massachusetts Department of Education policies and procedures, integrity and ethical standards.
- Provide excellent customer service in support of a student-centered culture.
- Support the planning and execution of Commencement.
- Oversee the updating and production of the Registrar's Office Procedure Manual and forms.
- Provide FERPA training to all work study students, resident assistants, graduate assistants, and orientation leaders on an on-going basis as needed.
- Develop and oversee all file maintenance strategies.
- Responsible for handling reservations for academic space on Longmeadow campus.
- Responsible for office supply ordering.
- Assist with the updating and production of communications from the Registrar's Office.
- Assist with planning and developing the Summer School program.
- Assist with processing class attendance verifications and midterm and final grades.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops to keep up to date on issues relating to registration, procedures and student records.
- Attends University meetings and serves on committees as assigned.
- Attend trainings as required.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required in appropriate field.
- Two (2) or more years appropriate related experience in a Registrar's Office.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong database management skills.
- Experience working with Jenzabar ERP preferred.
- Familiarity with standard recordkeeping procedures, including American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers' (AACRAO) and the provisions of FERPA and other legal issues relating to official academic records.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse constituency and all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with confidential material and sensitive matters with integrity, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, respect and inclusion.
- Experience effectively engaging backgrounds, identities and communities different from one's own.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.