Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Reporting to the Director of Physical Plant, this position has responsibility for the University's work-order management system (CMMS), building commissioning and general energy management, sustainability initiatives, and certain small project vendors/contractors. This position is crucial to Physical Plant leadership, providing assistance and data-driven recommendations on short and long-range planning, with attention to best practices and innovation in facilities management.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following tasks and areas:
- Develop daily work plans, procure tools and supplies; ensure that work is prioritized correctly, communicated with stakeholders and schedule work in synergy with campus proceedings.
- Ensure that expectations are communicated to personnel and that University standards regarding quality and customer service are met or exceeded.
- Implement and manage the University's CMMS, including ensuing the accuracy of the database with regards to university assets and Physical Plant activities, as well as implementing best practices for work flow through the system.
- All CMMS related task should be attentive to data integrity and the ability to produce meaningful reports useful for decision making by the University administration. Development of Key Performance Indicators for use by both Physical Plant Department and University executives.
- Provide technical support and contracting assistance (as necessary) with Capital Projects group, Consulting Engineers, Project Managers, and Commissioning Agents in commissioning activities, building automation, and energy management initiatives to ensure that project designs and implementation meet University operational objectives and standards.
- Assist in the integration of Capital Project for post-construction building turnover.
- Manage the equipment list for Physical Plant and, in conjunction with the Director of Physical Plant and others, develop plans for new inventory management across the entire department. Assist the management team with current just-in-time inventory system.
- Monitor campus energy usage and develop plans for enacting energy savings through operational changes or upgrades to equipment and systems over time.
- Management of small projects, including coordination with Capital Projects group or other University divisions as necessary, vendor procurement, and project management.
- Development and oversight of University sustainability initiatives. This position will be the direct contact for both internal groups seeking to develop sustainability initiatives and external contractors that may assist with these projects.
- Assist the Director of Physical Plant in the development of capital planning initiatives, master planning, and deferred maintenance plans.
We are looking for candidates with the following education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Facilities Management, with appropriate level of related work experience.
- Five years' related experience in facilities management.
- Experience in building operations, including scheduling, planning, plant management, and preventative maintenance.
- Experience with CMMS system organization, management, and maintenance, as well as general work order / work flow management and asset maintenance (using CMMS software).
- Experience with reporting and the development of key performance indicators through the use of facilities work order and asset data.
- Proficient in AutoCAD with 3-5 years working experience.
- Computer literacy, including the use of word processing programs, spreadsheets, presentation software and similar applications.
- Knowledge of building automation practices, energy management, and building commissioning.
- Familiarity with computerized building automation and direct digital control systems preferred.
- Financial acuity with facilities planning for the development of budgets, new initiatives, and modeling. Preferred experience or working knowledge in basic cost accounting.
- Excellent communication skills, professionalism, organization, and tact as well as clear attention to customer service and diplomacy necessary for working with a wide spectrum of employees and physical plant end-users.
This is a full-time position. Review of application will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
We ask candidates to set-up an account and make application through our online system. To apply, please upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.