Systems Engineer - Computer/Network
Title: Systems Engineer
Job Summary: Stored Technology Solutions Inc. is a growing IT consulting firm that provides a comprehensive portfolio of Data, Voice and Security. We specialize in providing an entire IT solution help businesses take advantage of new technologies available in the ever-changing telecommunications and information technology landscape. We are looking for a positive, self-motivated, dynamic individual. If you are looking for a challenging position with the opportunity to grow, a chance to put your technical skills to the test, and a chance the work with leading edge technologies; then we have a place for you!The successful Systems Engineer candidate will have field experience working with the following technologies:
Experience Required: Mandatory:
- At least 1 Year of experience in Windows desktop and/or server support, installation, design, maintenance, and support
- A+ and Net+ certifications or comparable experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an attention to working at management and executive levels
- Problem solving skills with attention to detail, self-management skills, ability to prioritize tasks, ability to travel to remote locations
- Reliable transportation
- Basic TCP/IP Networking understanding
A Plus and other positions open for the following experience
- Server 2003/2008/2012
- Virtualization Technologies -- Vmware/Hyper-v
- Microsoft Exchange 2003-2013 & Office 365
- HP & Dell Server and Blade Server Experience
- Corporate Antivirus and Anti-SPAM Systems
- Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Solution Expert, VMware VCP, CISSP, SANS GIAC
- Storage Platforms (preferably EqualLogic, NetApp, EMC & Synology)
- Experience in the IT consulting industry
- Project Management Experience
Responsibilities (include but not limited to): Supporting, installing, configuring, and upgrading network operating systems and applications using standard industry best practices
-Installing, configuring, and supporting servers, computers, network hardware, and peripheral devices (such as switches/routers/firewalls and related hardware)
- Network Administration (i.e. account management, Active Directory support, data backups)
- Analyzing, diagnosing, and troubleshooting hardware and software problems
- Communicating with client (and internal) end user and management groups regarding infrastructure design, maintenance, and administration
- Using initiative, independent judgment, and established procedures to address client needs
- Organizing work, setting priorities, and meeting critical time deadlines
- Accurately documenting client infrastructures
- Completing assigned projects and support tickets while accurately recording time and activities
Location: This position will be based out of our Queensbury, NY Office.
Compensation: Stored Technology Solutions Inc, offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, bonus programs, health insurance and 401(k).
Please send Resume and Salary Requirements
StoredTech is the areas Leading IT firm.
With a growth of over 802% in the last 5 years we are constantly looking at adding the best and the brightest to an already amazing team.
Are you in the top 5% of your industry?
Looking for a change?
Tue, 22 Aug 2017 05:39:31 PDT