Faculty Position in Finance
Open date: August 21st, 2017
Last review date: January 12th, 2018
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: June 30th, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Faculty Position in Finance
The Finance Area of The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine announces one position in Finance to begin as early as July 1, 2018. The position is designated for a tenure-track Assistant Professor.
We are seeking applicants with a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline. Candidates must have a PhD or expect to complete a PhD by July 1, 2018. All areas of finance will be considered, with a special interest in the area of investments. The applicants should have a strong research potential as well as a commitment to excellence in teaching. Salary will be commensurate with prior performance and experience.
FINANCE AT THE MERAGE SCHOOL:
The school provides a supportive research environment and offers MBA, Master of Finance, PhD, and Undergraduate degree programs. The full-time finance faculty consists of David Hirshleifer, Chong Huang, Philippe Jorion, Christopher Schwarz, Zheng Sun, David Yang, and Lu Zheng. For information about the University of California, Irvine and The Paul Merage School of Business, please see the web site at http://www.merage.uci.edu/.
For a complete listing of faculty positions at The Paul Merage School of Business, please log onto UC Irvine's RECRUIT at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/.
For tenure-track Assistant Professor in Finance, please apply at:
Applicants must complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
(1) curriculum vitae
(2) a brief research and teaching statement
(3) a separate statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion should also be included in the application materials
(4) three letters of recommendation
(5) samples of scholarly writing
(6) teaching evaluations if available
(7) any additional publications and/or working papers
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, although first consideration will be given to completed applications received by November 30, 2017.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact:
The Paul Merage School of Business
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3130
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Samples of Scholarly Writing - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Teaching Evaluations (if available) - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Publications and/or Working Papers - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now