Graduate Data Specialist - Graduate College (A1700511)
Graduate Data Specialist
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Graduate Data Specialist in the Graduate College. The Graduate Data Specialist is responsible for collecting, synthesizing, and reporting graduate program data to be used for Graduate College assessment and improvement activities. This position is a 100% full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain baseline data summaries to be utilized in the reviews of each graduate program.
- Collect and compile graduate program data from a variety of sources including ATLAS, DMI, and EDW/GDW as well as student surveys and departmental reports
- Generate and summarize data from Academic Analytics.
- Run descriptive statistics and trend analyses and summarize findings.
- Prepare various reports that provide clear representations and syntheses of graduate program data.
- Manage dissemination of data and related reports, including carefully restricting access to graduate program data to selected review committee members.
- Serve as data consultant during meetings, helping to interpret and summarize data provided.
- Synthesize program review committee discussions and compose summary reports to be sent to programs.
- Facilitate and monitor completion of program improvement activities.
- Design and generate reports regarding graduate and professional admissions, making statistical projections to help monitor and predict work flow.
- Complete/update Institutional Review Board applications and write reports on graduate program assessment process/methodology.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
Required experience, skills and abilities include:
- Strong quantitative skills, including ability to summarize and represent quantitative data.
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple projects and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative to identify and complete tasks.
Preferred experience, skills and abilities include:
- Experience working with graduate programs or graduate student data.
- Familiarity with the structure and function of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign graduate programs.
- Experience using UI systems and data sources for graduate student admissions, records, finances and aggregate statistics.
Application: To ensure full consideration application materials must be received by September 5, 2017. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after September 5, 2017. Start date is as soon as possible. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures,contact Jennifer Steiling at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Graduate Data Specialist - Graduate College (A1700511)
Open Date: 08/22/2017
Close Date: 09/22/2017
Organization Name: Graduate Admin