Duties: This position has primary responsibility for providing administrative support to the Executive Administrator (EA) and plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of the day-to-day administrative functions.
As the Administrative Assistant, you will partner with the EA to schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel; working in concur to process travel reimbursements. You will work in the Microsoft office suite to create/edit documents, spreadsheets, or powerpoint presentations. You will work in cooperation with other administrative staff to cover phones and perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
All tasks must be done accurately and prepared promptly. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and accuracy to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Qualifications: The qualified candidate will meet the following requirements:
* The minimum of a High School diploma and 3-5 years of administrative support or assistant experience in a fast paced environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Proven time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
* Ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure in a team environment
* Strong Attention to detail a must
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required; experience working with MS Access preferred but not required.
Reference Number: 40-26638
Salary Grade: 024
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative