Medical Office Coordinator
Working Title: Medical Office Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Neurological Surgery
Posting Date: 08-22-2017
The Department of Neurosurgery is seeking a Medical Office Coordinator to provide administrative support in a clinical office. This position will provide clinical support to attending physicians, schedule patient appointments and services, obtain pre-authorizations, and attend and facilitate clinic. Other responsibilities include overseeing physicians' mail, calendars, travel, and purchasing, as well as provide transcription and document management, and assist with correspondence and special projects
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma and at least two years of high level administrative and secretarial experience, including independently maintaining calendars and scheduling appointments, organizing and prioritizing work, word processing, data entry and database management. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; have knowledge of medical terminology, proper grammar, spelling and punctuation; and be able to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Preferred qualifications include an Associates Degree and previous experience in a medical office environment.
This position is restricted and contingent upon continued funding.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
3. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
4. Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
5. Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
6. Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently.
7. Knowledge of medical terminology, proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
8. Skills in word processing, data entry and database management.
9. Knowledge of general office practices.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82190