At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Instructional Support Assistant is a valuable member of our team, who will monitor and distribute on a daily basis the flow of Radiological examinations presented for review and perform all tasks as assigned to ensure that all exams are officially dictated efficiently to meet department goals. Receive patients in the Radiology Department for exams and procedures and perform all duties associated with the throughput of the patients including scheduling of appointments for exams and procedures. Also, perform duties related to the maintenance of images on PACS and provide support for the importing of studies from the Cloud solution from community hospitals and physician offices.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a TH Instructional Support Assistant in the Radiology may include the following but are not limited to:
- Prepare and monitor the daily flow of radiological examinations presented for review. Perform all tasks as assigned to include but not limited to, organization of all exams and related paperwork, printing schedules, printing reports, maintaining the exam integrity in the RIS system and PACS system, coordinating all activities associated with reading room and Physicians, review work lists on the RIS system to insure accurate, timely transcription and billing.
- Upload CD exams from outside organizations to Life Imaging / PACS system and duplicate Exams as needed on CD’s for patients, physicians, and other customers.
- Receive patients in the Radiology Department for exams and procedures and perform all duties associated with the throughput of the patients including scheduling of exams and procedures in RIS, CERNER, Surginet and other systems required. Also, perform customer service duties.
- Interact with patients, visitors, staff, physicians, members of the regulatory agencies and community.
- Answer the department’s telephone in a timely and courteous manner while demonstrating a willingness to help at all times. Verify all patient information and report any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Maintain equipment such as printer and fax machines and immediately report any malfunctions.
- Act as liaison for the Radiology Department and other hospital departments and services. Positively represent the department at meetings and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned to include but not limited to, Statistical data collection and entry, obtain authorizations for exams and procedures as assigned, exam statistics and dashboard maintenance.
Required Qualifications: Associates Degree or minimum of 5 years Radiology Department File Room experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Medical terminology, computer experience and one year hospital or medical office preferred, prior Radiology film library experience and scheduling experience.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Instructional Support Assistant
Job Field: Radiology
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Radiology-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 11AM to 7PMRadiology-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Aug 22, 2017
Posting End Date: Sep 21, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experiece
Salary Grade: SL1