Facilities Admin - 356000
Facilities Management has a mission to make the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth a place where the facilities and grounds are aesthetically pleasing, clean, well maintained and energy efficient. We offer a working environment that promotes teamwork and professionalism. Facilities Management provides responsive, friendly, and efficient customer support to appropriately support the institutional mission.
The Facilities Management Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Painter to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Paint/stain and make minor repairs(patch holes, tape and bed, etc.)
* Assist in small renovation projects throughout campus.
* Maintain paint shop tools, equipment, vehicle and work space clean, secure and in good repair.
* Use, clean and maintain Airless and HVLP sprayers efficiently to complete tasks assigned by supervisor, delegated supervisor, foreperson, or other competent authority.
* Perform other tasks (i.e. working on a call-out basis for emergencies, etc.) assigned by supervisor, delegated supervisor, foreperson, or other competent authority.
* Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs unassisted), bending, standing, walking long distances, and climbing ladders daily.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of job-related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Must be able to work weekends and after 5 PM if needed.
* 3 years experience in interior and exterior paint application in medical, industrial or residential settings to include sheet rock hole repair, and the tape and bedding process.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Commensurate with Experience
Mon - Fri
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled