University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Assistant Professor - Research
The Adult and Child Consortium for Health Outcomes Research and Delivery Science (ACCORDS) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a full-time Assistant Research Professor. This position is within the Qualitative Research Core within ACCORDS, and thus requires health-related research experience and expertise in qualitative research methods. Specific areas of interest include in-depth and key informant interviews and focus group methods as well as expertise in qualitative research design, data collection, analysis, and interpretation. The position will involve consulting with faculty on qualitative research methods, grant applications and publications.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: (1) participating in collaborative research, including grant and paper writing, developing and conducting qualitative analyses, overseeing and directing professional research assistants conducting qualitative research; (2) teaching and mentoring fellows and junior faculty in ACCORDS programs; (3) developing and seeking funding for his/her research in a focused area of interest. The rank of appointment within the Division of Healthcare Policy and Research will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
A research doctoral degree in social and behavioral sciences, health sciences, public health, medical anthropology, sociology or related discipline with research experience using qualitative research methods is required.
- 2+ years of research experience
- Expertise in multiple qualitative methodologies, including grounded theory, phenomenology, ethnography and discourse analysis
- Expertise in multiple qualitative data collection methodologies, including but not limited to in-depth interviews, focus group, observations, and visual data collection methods (e.g., PhotoVoice, video elicitation)
- Evidence of independent research through publication
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead the qualitative research components of clinical and health services research projects
- Experience with mixed-methods research designs
- Experience with teaching and mentoring faculty and Masters and Doctoral students
- Strong knowledge of qulatative methodologies and data collection methods relevant in medical research
- Experience using qualitative data management software programs (such as Atlas.ti and NiVivo.)
- Peer reviewed publications in public health, health services and/or medical journals
- Good organizational skills across individual projects & managing work load
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Excellect manuscript and grant writing skills
- Ability to contribute to the growth and development of the Qualitative Research Core at ACCORDS
- Positive attitude and the ability to work with investigators and colleagues in ACCORDS and across the Anschutz Medical Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin August 23rd and continue until position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10818
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21099 - SOM-MED-HCP&R Gen Operations
Posting Date: Aug 22, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Karen Suess
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00737738