JOB NO.: 91779-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DCS/ADMINISTRATION/STUDENT SV
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 91779-AS
Working Title: Career Counselor
Official Title: SR COUNSELOR(R72BN) or COUNSELOR(R72DN)
Hiring Department: A930155-DIVN OF CONTINUING STUDIES/ADMINISTRATION/STUDENT SV
Anticipated Begin Date: OCTOBER 16, 2017
Term: This position will end on OCTOBER 15, 2019.
Minimum $48,333 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master degree including practicum in counseling, higher education, or a related field relevant to counseling or career development of adults.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum of three years of professional experience (internship/practicum may be included) in counseling, career development or a related field providing services to adults.
- Knowledge of and experience with career development practices as they apply to adult populations.
- Knowledge of and experience working with diverse populations.
- Experience with developing collaborative relationships and programs, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Experience providing coaching to job seekers, employees, or other adults.
- Excellent public speaking, writing, electronic communication and interpersonal skills.
- Developing and facilitating career-related workshops for adult populations.
- Experience with or knowledge of employee development, human resources.
- Experience providing group counseling.
- Knowledge of for credit and noncredit educational programs at UW-Madison, UW-System campuses and other providers.
- Experience providing educational counseling in a higher education setting.
Adult Career and Special Student Services, part of the Division of Continuing Studies, is seeking a career counselor to join our staff. The individual in this position will provide career and education counseling to UW-Madison staff and faculty, as well as services to other adults in transition, via individual appointments and workshops. Collaboration with campus offices related to employee development and participation in campus and community outreach events will also be key to this role.
The qualified candidate will be expected to work Tuesday nights until 7pm (offer appointments during that time) and other extended hours as needed. Some additional weekend or evening hours may be required including accommodating third shift employees.
The Division of Continuing Studies is committed to building a diverse workforce. Members of underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a fixed-term terminal 2 year position, with the possibility of converting to a renewable position depending on funding and need.
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter outlining how you meet the qualifications of the position, and the names and contact information for 3 professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 22 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 17 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time