Student Services Associate
Requisition Number STA - 201000000521
Job Title Student Services Associate
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Student Services Associate.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This position will provide immediate and comprehensive services to customers relating to federal, state, and institutional regulatory requirements, awarding financial aid, calculating federal need analysis eligibility, performing detailed technical duties, conducting financial aid presentations and providing intensive educational loan program data. The incumbent is the first point of contact for the department and with other university personnel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Counseling and routing incoming inquiries regarding financial aid application processes.
- Assuming accountability for and maintaining knowledge of federal, state and institutional guidelines and regulations.
- Determining and explaining formulas and calculations.
- Assessing and adjusting cost of attendance budgets.
- Determining if verification data elements have an impact on aid eligibility.
- Assessing program eligibility.
- Performing Loan Check Management, and Loan Entrance/Exit Counseling.
- Assisting, scheduling, coordinating and participating in annual Financial Aid Help Sessions, campus and community events and college nights.
- Ability to interpret guidelines in regards to Federal, State, and Institutional regulations and guidelines.
- Analyzes and monitors computer reports for accuracy, adherence to requirements, and/or discrepancies, and takes corrective actions.
- Processes and reviews applications for grants, loans, and/or scholarships.
- Maintains and posts records in electronic and paper record system.
- Assist in loan reports as necessary
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and one year of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or communication; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you possess one year of student services, student affairs, advising, or related experience?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)