10003667 - Scholarship Analyst
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Scholarship Analyst who will assist with various scholarship programs including institutional, state and private programs. This position will ensure quality customer service and delivery of student aid to prospective and current students and assure compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.
- Responsible for the administration of assigned UMUC managed scholarships in full compliance with all applicable institutional policies including the selection of recipients
- Delivers outstanding customer service to students with scholarship questions. Troubleshoots to resolve problems for students in assigned scholarship programs
- Delivers outstanding customer service to colleagues in other UMUC Offices, USM and scholarship donors
- Prepares scheduled and ad hoc reports for all assigned UMUC operating and endowed scholarship funds
- Remains current on all federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies focusing specifically on scholarship programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience in higher education, banking or accounting
- Strong technological skills including knowledge of integrated computer systems and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Work accurately and quickly with attention to detail
- Strong commitment to customer service
- One (1) year of financial aid experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Title IV regulations and programs preferred
- Experience with PeopleSoft preferred
- Experience with administering state and institutional scholarships preferred