Science Technical Assistant
Under the supervision of the Dean of General Studies, the Science Technical Assistant is responsible for the set-up and take-down of all labs, repair of equipment, maintaining inventory, assisting in budget preparation, and assisting with equipment purchases.
- Set-up and dismantle lab equipment and materials for all science experiments
- Assist staff in lab orientation and procedures for laboratory experiments, and equipment availability and proper use
- Keep lab equipment in operable condition
- Keep inventory current; requisition all equipment recommended by instructors for labs; order supplies and lab animals as needed
- Assure that chemicals are handled, stored, and disposed of properly
- Arrange appointments for microscopes to be cleaned on a regular basis and repair as needed
- Repair and maintain other lab equipment, or arrange for the repairs as necessary
- Maintain lab facilities and ensure a safe working environment by keeping updated on new safety procedures including chemical spills
- Assist in any lab that instructors request
- Tutor students when time permits
- Perform other duties as assigned by Dean
- Bachelor's degree in science.
- Two years work experience as a laboratory technician.
- Experience with computer applications
DIVISION/LOCATION: General Studies / Burlington/Elkhorn
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
COMP GRADE: 11
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
Conditions of Employment:
- Employment is contingent upon an acceptable background/reference check.
- Employment eligibility for the United States.
- Tobacco-free environment
- Work in a ventilated lab area with toxic chemicals.
- Some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and bending required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex or national origin. Gateway Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Educator/Employer operating under an Affirmative Action Plan. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources at 262-564-2358.