Assistant Director for Career Counseling & Student Outreach
The position reports to the Senior Associate Director for Career Education and Campus Partnerships.
To learn more about the Hameetman Career Center, please click on the following link or copy and paste the link in a web browser http://www.oxy.edu/hameetman-career-center/hcc-video-overview
- Provide high-quality career advising to all undergraduate students. Support students in career decision-making and the graduate school application process.
- Help students develop strong industry-specific job search knowledge in preparation for internship and jobs.
- Manage the resume approval process in Handshake; review and approve resumes and providing substantive feedback to ensure students are competent in resume writing.
- Design and conduct presentations and workshops to enhance job search and career readiness.
- Administer and interpret career development assessments such as StrengthsQuest, MBTI, and Strong Interest.
- Identify new and innovative ways of delivering career services through social media, workshops, and counseling.
- Stay abreast of current industry-related hiring trends and employer feedback to better prepare students for today’s global professional workforce.
- Cultivate relationships with student organizations to strengthen career services across campus.
- Facilitate outreach programs for current and prospective students to increase awareness of career services.
- Work with the Marketing Coordinator to develop marketing collateral and social media to increase student engagement.
- Create and manage a student ambassador and a peer advisor program to increase engagement with students.
- Create successful student-to-student networking and career focused events and programs.
- Create outreach mechanisms to encourage students to attend career related events and programs.
- Collaborate with the Employer & Alumni Engagement team to drive synergies and maximize career services resources.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum 5-7 years of experience. Strong preference for candidates with college or university career services experience working with undergraduate liberal arts populations or industry experience.
- Knowledge of Symplicity or Handshake Career Management Systems, a strong plus.
- Strong competency in all aspects of the career development process and knowledgeable of industry hiring practices.
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and organizational skills required. Dynamic and engaging presentation skills.
- Team player with an ability to work in a collaborative, high performance team environment.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance